Come on Estoppel!!!!

Update: Dec 1 2017

Just leaving our status here, been following for a while before we put in our offer.

Home: SSR
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 11/23
Offer accepted: 11/23 but paperwork sent 11/27 (due to holidays)
Sent to ROFR: 12/1
Passed ROFR:
Closing docks received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed Recorded:
Points in my account:

Sent to ROFR! It's our first time doing this, so we're really not too sure what to expect!

Last edited:
I wish I knew I could have changed the Title company! We passed ROFR on Nov 10th and we are still waiting for closing docs

We're with First American too, and I thought about changing, but I read somewhere that *** charged extra to take a credit card for the deposit so we took our chances. It seems so weird that they take so long to close, one would think they'd want to close as quick as possible.

We're with First American too, and I thought about changing, but I read somewhere that *** charged extra to take a credit card for the deposit so we took our chances. It seems so weird that they take so long to close, one would think they'd want to close as quick as possible.
we used a credit card for deposit and will do the balance by bank check.....

we used a credit card for deposit and will do the balance by bank check.....

Yeah changing title companies I had to use a personal check for the deposit instead of the credit card (so lost some reward points there). But this title company seems cheaper, at least judging from the BCV contract. It was $495 including title insurance for a $11,000 sale price.

Updated with closing doc info. Sending the docs back was complicated by the fact that my wife's name was misspelled on the documentation and the title company wasn't too keen on answering any phone calls/emails attempting to clarify the error.

We are hoping to close before a trip on Dec 21st so that we can direct add on and update existing tickets to APs - but given the speed of things to date I'm not overly optimistic.

Update:

Home: HHI
Offer made: 09/22
Offer accepted: 09/23
Sent to ROFR: 09/27
Passed ROFR: 10/10
Closing docs received:11/08
Closing docs sent back: 11/10
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Well - there is no update. Funds/paperwork were received by the title company on the 10th. Seller paperwork was also been received around the same time. However, despite me pointing out the error much earlier, the misspelling of my wife's name on the documentation is now an issue. They've requested a waiver from Disney which apparently is being mailed to them via USPS. So 20 days after I sent my funds I'm no closer to closing this thing then I was in October when I passed ROFR.

Beyond frustrating experience. Thankfully my broker is kind enough to not give me updates unless I specifically inquire....

Update:

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Well - there is no update. Funds/paperwork were received by the title company on the 10th. Seller paperwork was also been received around the same time. However, despite me pointing out the error much earlier, the misspelling of my wife's name on the documentation is now an issue. They've requested a waiver from Disney which apparently is being mailed to them via USPS. So 20 days after I sent my funds I'm no closer to closing this thing then I was in October when I passed ROFR.

Beyond frustrating experience. Thankfully my broker is kind enough to not give me updates unless I specifically inquire....
SO Frustrating!!! I pray my info all comes back correct!

Update:

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Not sure if you already posted or if it's allowed but what brokerage and closing was this with? They've already taken your funds? That seems pretty ridiculous if the money is already been wired and it's a spelling issue on their end.

I wish I knew I could have changed the Title company! We passed ROFR on Nov 10th and we are still waiting for closing docs

We passed ROFR Nov 2 and haven't received our closing docs yet. We used First American on a DVC purchase last year and it was swift and painless. It only took 2 weeks from ROFR to docs being sent. I called my broker and she said she has been emailing them with no response. I don't know whats going on over there, very frustrating!

We passed ROFR Nov 2 and haven't received our closing docs yet. We used First American on a DVC purchase last year and it was swift and painless. It only took 2 weeks from ROFR to docs being sent. I called my broker and she said she has been emailing them with no response. I don't know whats going on over there, very frustrating!
buying resale I can see takes alot of patience and time:( We are using First American and its not swift on timing.. who are you using now that the wait has been since Nov 2?? ughhh

buying resale I can see takes alot of patience and time:( We are using First American and its not swift on timing.. who are you using now that the wait has been since Nov 2?? ughhh

We're using First American this time too. I was very apprehensive about using them the first time because of what I had read on these boards, but it was quick (and it was an international seller). That's why I had no reservations using them this time. I figured small contract, American seller, quick...NOT!!! I'll keep you posted.

We're using First American this time too. I was very apprehensive about using them the first time because of what I had read on these boards, but it was quick (and it was an international seller). That's why I had no reservations using them this time. I figured small contract, American seller, quick...NOT!!! I'll keep you posted.
We are also small contract, American seller... just want to close and be done already! I am tired of refreshing my email repeatedly!

Officially closed yesterday; now just waiting for the deed and the welcome letter from Disney. Hoping to get my welcome letter before Christmas.
Home: AKV
Offer made: 10/17
Offer accepted: 10/17
Sent to ROFR: 10/19
Passed ROFR: 11/1
Closing docs received:11/10
Closing docs sent back:11/14
Closed:11/29
Deed recorded:

Officially closed yesterday; now just waiting for the deed and the welcome letter from Disney. Hoping to get my welcome letter before Christmas.
Home: AKV
Offer made: 10/17
Offer accepted: 10/17
Sent to ROFR: 10/19
Passed ROFR: 11/1
Closing docs received:11/10
Closing docs sent back:11/14
Closed:11/29
Deed recorded:

I passed ROFR on 11/2, just received my closing docs tonight! What title company did you use?

We are also small contract, American seller... just want to close and be done already! I am tired of refreshing my email repeatedly!

Got 'em (finally). Looked at the timeline of my last contract and I had closed at this point! Frustrating! Hopefully, this part will go faster (though I doubt it very much). Hope you hear something soon!

Home: AK
Offer made: 10/25
Offer countered & accepted: 10/25
Sent to ROFR: 10/27
Passed ROFR: 11/7
Closing docs received:
Closing docs sent back:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Getting real now!
Updated on Closing Time thread but to give you all some hope!

Home: AK
Offer made: 10/25
Offer countered & accepted: 10/25
Sent to ROFR: 10/27
Passed ROFR: 11/7
Closing docs received: 11/20
Closing docs sent back: 11/20 (confirmation on 11/27 that sellers' documents were also received, definitely a Thanksgiving delay)
Closing: 11/30
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Without the holiday, I think we would have been within a month of our first offer! We used First American Title too, and they were great - always kept us updated & quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter