Offer accepted: 09/23
Sent to ROFR: 09/27
Passed ROFR: 10/10
Closing docs received:11/08
Closing docs sent back: 11/10
Closing: 12/4
Deed recorded:12/4
Points in my account:

Well - there is no update. Funds/paperwork were received by the title company on the 10th. Seller paperwork was also been received around the same time. However, despite me pointing out the error much earlier, the misspelling of my wife's name on the documentation is now an issue. They've requested a waiver from Disney which apparently is being mailed to them via USPS. So 20 days after I sent my funds I'm no closer to closing this thing then I was in October when I passed ROFR.

Beyond frustrating experience. Thankfully my broker is kind enough to not give me updates unless I specifically inquire....

Got word today that we are closed and that our deed has been recorded.

In retrospect I suppose the process was relatively smooth - only one real error made - but man was it unnecessarily long. I don't really see the need for the lengthy delay between steps - especially when funds were sent and closing occurred (almost a month). The delay(s) wouldn't even have been that bad if the realtor kept us up to date - but if I didn't send inquiries every 2 weeks I wouldn't have heard anything between steps.

In all, I suppose things could have been quicker and communication could have been better.

Wow has the broker or title agent told you anything? Are they still waiting for estoppel from Disney?
Waiting for Estoppel, we passed ROFR nov 10th and thought we would be closing by now. Something about needing proof that the points haven't been used??? Just seeming odd, or maybe its normal.

It seems like it would be hard to blame it on getting estoppel from Disney since so many other people have gotten their closing docs in a much shorter timeframe. Unless Disney misplaced the request :P
Somethings odd and I keep being told, message back on Wed which I did today, and now she said message back on Friday.....

im told just wating on point summary from disney but seriously shouldnt that have come with all paperwork and info at once????
I wonder if the seller is delinquent on dues which may be slowing the title search down. I know my seller is two years in the rears on dues because of a search on the OCC website. Stressful!!!!

I wonder if the seller is delinquent on dues which may be slowing the title search down. I know my seller is two years in the rears on dues because of a search on the OCC website. Stressful!!!!
wow that is my guess now!! what happens in a situation like that? we are supposed to pay 2017’s dues for the 100 points that are supposed to be there!

wow that is my guess now!! what happens in a situation like that? we are supposed to pay 2017’s dues for the 100 points that are supposed to be there!
As I understand it, it all gets settled at closing with amounts owed being taken from the purchase proceeds before being disbursed to the seller.

As I understand it, it all gets settled at closing with amounts owed being taken from the purchase proceeds before being disbursed to the seller.
Latest update from my broker as the title insurance co is not responding to my emails on status of closing docs:

I apologize you have not received a response from the title company. Right now, the title company is stalled in sending any closing documents out because they have to wait for Disney to officially approve the 2018 dues to get an accurate amount for settlement as Disney requires them to be paid at closing. The DVC Condo Association is today when they usually approve them. *** should start emailing closing documents out again some time next week. They have contracts waived from November 10th to start, but they have pre-done a lot of contracts through end of November to send them out quickly once they get the approval.

And the title company couldn't have just explained that? Hopefully that is all that is going on. We are using the same title company and granted, we haven't even passed rofr yet (hopefully!), but when I emailed them I literally got answers back within 30 minutes or the next morning if I emailed them in the evening.

Latest update from my broker as the title insurance co is not responding to my emails on status of closing docs:

I apologize you have not received a response from the title company. Right now, the title company is stalled in sending any closing documents out because they have to wait for Disney to officially approve the 2018 dues to get an accurate amount for settlement as Disney requires them to be paid at closing. The DVC Condo Association is today when they usually approve them. *** should start emailing closing documents out again some time next week. They have contracts waived from November 10th to start, but they have pre-done a lot of contracts through end of November to send them out quickly once they get the approval.

I guess that makes sense. I'm hoping closing docs come before Christmas as the holidays will cause even more of a delay! We passed ROFR on Nov. 27 on our Aulani contract :) Ideal situation is to have points loaded by January 21st...that's our 11 month mark to book Aulani for Christmas of 2018!!

wonder how some made it past estoppel and closed, and we wait?? Now we may have to wait till next week!?!?! This is nuts. I'm not even bothering emailing my agent tomorrow like she told me to, for what? For her to say ask me again next week? Blech.

wonder how some made it past estoppel and closed, and we wait?? Now we may have to wait till next week!?!?! This is nuts. I'm not even bothering emailing my agent tomorrow like she told me to, for what? For her to say ask me again next week? Blech.

Having similar issues. Rofr passed in sept and oct and neither contract has made it through yet.

Having similar issues. Rofr passed in sept and oct and neither contract has made it through yet.
Wow...that would push me over the edge. I just got an email from my title insurance co telling me Disney can take 2-3 weeks to issue estoppel . Sounds like you are way over that on at least one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!