"Come To Mama Shark, Baby Shark" May 2017 BC TR UPDATED 7/21!

The GPS took us through western Massachusetts, and we stopped in Chicopee, MA for a quick bite to eat at a chipotle. Say that five times fast- chipotle in chicopee!

Hi! I just started reading your trip reports yesterday and I had to say Hi! I live in Longmeadow, MA-about 10 mins from Chicopee :)

I actually didn't know where this market was located, I just knew how to get inside the Yacht Club. I asked the nice woman working at Fittings & Fairings Clothes & Notions for directions as this was located in the corner of the lobby. Her response, "it's right where Fittings & Fairings used to be.". Considering I'd never been to the Yacht Club I think my face looked like this...

:rotfl:

He then (jokingly!) looked over to the stand by line and said, 'ppfft, peasants'. All week we joked and whenever we had FP and others didn't we would said this to each other... and sometimes if we waited too long for something we deemed ourselves 'peasants'.

Josh and I watched an episode of Blackish once where they went to Disney (it's the only episode we've seen), and they were on a VIP tour so they kept strutting by everyone with sunglasses on acting like the others were peasants :laughing: That's basically what Josh does when we have FP too. I think because I plan it all so it's a surprise to him that he gets so excited when we can skip a line. (And he LOVES EP at Universal, I had to tell him we don't always need it).

DH had never seen it and I really wanted to look for a mug like @Raeven has. The sign said the next show would be in 4 minutes and it felt great to be in the air conditioning. Once the show started... DH just stared at me. With a lot of confusion. I started giggling non stop and telling him how its supposed to be corny/cheesy... he did not appreciate it. I don't think he cracked a smile once. And at one point he told me I was just laughing because I was trying to prove a point...:dogdance::dogdance:

Did you get one of the jugs? I guess he just doesn't get it.

First, confession time. Prior to this trip, I had no idea that Lake George existed. I guess you could say I'm not that well traveled o_O

I don't think most people outside the area know where it is :rotfl:

8:15pm we pulled up to the hotel... it was breath taking!

Ooo pretty! I didn't even know they had nice hotels there :rotfl: We mostly stick to the main strip which is motels, but because we're local we've never needed to stay there. I did stay at the indoor waterpark lodge though for a friend's birthday once when I was like 14 though.

Josh and I watched an episode of Blackish once where they went to Disney (it's the only episode we've seen), and they were on a VIP tour so they kept strutting by everyone with sunglasses on acting like the others were peasants :laughing: That's basically what Josh does when we have FP too. I think because I plan it all so it's a surprise to him that he gets so excited when we can skip a line. (And he LOVES EP at Universal, I had to tell him we don't always need it).

OMG! That is the only Blackish we have ever watched but we loved it! My kids are always saying now how they are going to make it rain at Epcot :rotfl2:

LOVE IT! I've never seen Blackish, but now I must seek out this episode!

Did you get one of the jugs? I guess he just doesn't get it.

Nope no jug for me :( I couldn't find it. Bummer. I don't think I'll be able to get DH to see the show again , haha!!

I don't think most people outside the area know where it is :rotfl:

Funny you say that... my in laws recently told us that they honeymooned in Lake George. Camping. Yes- their honeymoon was camping. I can't with this family and their obsession with sleeping in tents. lol!!

pretty! I didn't even know they had nice hotels there :rotfl: We mostly stick to the main strip which is motels, but because we're local we've never needed to stay there. I did stay at the indoor waterpark lodge though for a friend's birthday once when I was like 14 though.

We stayed in Bolton Landing at the Sagamore Resort... it was great, girl! I have more pics to post. The main strip area is where we got gas for the car... indoor water park just feels like it would fit right in there! haha!! DH said he wants to go to the conference again in 2018, so we need to plan something!

Nope no jug for me :( I couldn't find it. Bummer. I don't think I'll be able to get DH to see the show again , haha!!

You wouldn't have to the jugs are in Peco Bills!

Funny you say that... my in laws recently told us that they honeymooned in Lake George. Camping. Yes- their honeymoon was camping. I can't with this family and their obsession with sleeping in tents. lol!!
Yuck I'm not a sleeping in tents kind of girl.

We stayed in Bolton Landing at the Sagamore Resort... it was great, girl! I have more pics to post. The main strip area is where we got gas for the car... indoor water park just feels like it would fit right in there! haha!! DH said he wants to go to the conference again in 2018, so we need to plan something!

The indoor waterpark is right next to the Great Escape. Did you head over to Canada St? And yes!

Lake George, continued

*I realized I didn't tell you what hotel we were staying at... it was The Sagamore Resort in Bolton Landing, NY*

sunset1.jpg sunset3.jpg

Aren't these sunset pics beauts? The first one was taken at sunset, 8:36pm. I recently read that the best sunset pics are taken in the hour AFTER the time of sunset, but I just didn't believe it. But then around 9:15pm I saw how beautiful the sunset was, and took the second photo. Lesson learned- don't be so impatient.

The next morning I slept in until about 7, and DH left for his conference around 9am again. Breakfast was in the room, I think I had an apple, some peanut butter and a piece of cheese. I studied from about 9am-3pm and then I took fur baby for a walk. We didn't venture too far, and we were back in the room around 3:30pm while we waited for DH to get back.

I was thoroughly enjoying having cable TV, so I watched "My 600 lb life" and fell asleep at some point. By 5pm DH was back in the hotel room and asked if I wanted to go to dinner and do some exploring.

We drove back to Lake George Village and walked around the little strip of stores and restaurants. We stopped at "Ginos & Tonys" to take a peak at their menu as they also had outdoor seating so we could bring fur baby. A very sweet girl greeted us right away and talked about how she loved fur baby. We sat down and enjoyed a margarita and a beer, I got the baked haddock and DH got a buffalo chicken wrap. The server was so nice and I could just tell she really cared about her job and was so genuine- her name was Helen. I told her, "of course your name is Helen". And she looked at my kinda funny... because I'm a weirdo! hah! I explained to her that my great grandmother's name was Helen and when ever I am going through stuff she "appears" in my life in a little ways and I felt like this was her saying "hi". It was great and I think Helen understood where I came from! Seriously- if you'r ever in Lake George, so visit Helen.

Next we walked across the street along the lake and then went into a store where DH picked up a "Patriots Fan Parking Only" sign to give to his dad for father's day. We took a selfie near the lake... but you really can't even tell we were near water, haha!!

Here's a screenshot of the pic from my insta...

unnamed.png
At least two out of three of us are looking at the camera, right?

We were back to the hotel by 8:30pm. DH shower and went to sleep. Side note- we had the most comfortable bed ever. It was a huge king sized bed. Fur baby loved it. I love it. DH loved it. I told DH we need to get a California king if we're going to have dogs and babies!

I stayed up until 11:30ish because I could not get enough TLC... I watched two specials on "Jani" a young girl with schizophrenia that I've actually seen many shows on. At one point I realized I was watching a special on a boy that was born with a small amount of brain tissue but his brain grew... and decided it was time for to go to back before I kept getting sucked into the dark hole of TLC.

6/14

DH didn't have to go to his conference until about noon time so he stayed in the room with fur baby while I went to the gym in the morning. I was able to get more pics of the resort then, as I wasn't allowed in the main resort if fur baby was with me. UGH.

pool1.jpg pool2.jpg pool3.jpg

Made me want a drink and lay by the pool, under the umbrellas. AH.

When I got back from the gym DH and I took fur baby for a walk and then ordered a salad for lunch via room service. DH went to his conference around 12 noon and I studied for a few more hours. Around 7pm DH got back and we just hung out in the room and were in bed early, around 9pm.

6/15

Our last day. DH went to his conference for 8am and told me he'd be back between 12pm-1pm. I asked the front desk if I could have late check out- the first person told me no, so I called back and spoke with someone else. They told I could have til 12 noon. Yay!

I studied from 8-10 when I heard DH coming back in the room. My plan was to get in the shower at 11 and then pack us up by 12. DH said he was done for the day and wanted to hit the road early. We quickly packed up and were on the road by 11.

We decided to drive home through Vermont and then New Hampshire for a change in scenery. About an hour into the drive my hip was KILLING me. Ugh. Once we got into Vermont we started looking for a deli or cafe that had outdoor seating for lunch. Nothing. We drove and drove and drove. Finally we got to Rutland, Vt... and found nothing. Eventually we came across a gas station with an AMATOs inside so DH went and got us lunch while I let fur baby out to pee. We ate our sandwiches in the car and then continued on.

An hour or so later, we came across a bridge with a lot of tourist taking pics so we decided to pull over and join them. We were at the Quechee Gorge! It was so cool and such a fun surprise!! We hiked the 0.4 miles down to the gorge. I was wearing flip flops and white skinny jeans and it was about 85 degrees out.. but other than that it was great. DH and I both said we want to go back and swim!

quechee1.jpg quechee2.jpg quechee3.jpg quechee4.jpg

Once we got back in the car I decided to nap as we still had 2 1/2 hours left until we were home and I wanted to saw my own hip off. DH was nice and let me sleep while he drove. We got home around 5:30pm... overall it was a great trip and DH said he wants to go back next year for the annual conference. I'm planning on meeting @Raeven during this time too!

We drove back to Lake George Village and walked around the little strip of stores and restaurants. We stopped at "Ginos & Tonys" to take a peak at their menu as they also had outdoor seating so we could bring fur baby. A very sweet girl greeted us right away and talked about how she loved fur baby.

Well that answered my question about going to Canada St. I love Gino and Tony's! They have great pina coladas, and tortellini. It's my favorite on that street.

We took a selfie near the lake... but you really can't even tell we were near water, haha!!

I can tell!

I'm planning on meeting @Raeven during this time too!

Yes! Maybe we could even go to the Great Escape. It's not Disney, but it does have a Cinderella's castle :rotfl: Btw is the conference always midweek? I might have to play hooky if it is :scratchin

Wow! Just catching up on your adventures! Love the name of your trip report, but confession, I totally clicked on it by accident not knowing it was yours! I lost track of your PTR…ugh :crazy2:

The Beach Club looks amazing :love: When DH and I stayed there we were waaayyyyyyyyy down a hall. We still loved it, but your location is much better!

Can't wait to read more :-)

I'M BACK... WITH AN ANNOUNCEMENT!

I passed my nurse practitioner boards as of 7/8/17!

I'm so sorry for going MIA for quite a while but I needed to dedicate my entire life to studying for this certification. I'm back and can't wait to catch up on EVERYONES trip reports and pre trip reports and get this TR back in action!

XOXO,
Ashlee

I'm so sorry for going MIA for quite a while but I needed to dedicate my entire life to studying for this certification. I'm back and can't wait to catch up on EVERYONES trip reports and pre trip reports and get this TR back in action!

XOXO,
Ashlee

Congratulations!! party:

The server was so nice and I could just tell she really cared about her job and was so genuine- her name was Helen. I told her, "of course your name is Helen". And she looked at my kinda funny... because I'm a weirdo! hah! I explained to her that my great grandmother's name was Helen and when ever I am going through stuff she "appears" in my life in a little ways and I felt like this was her saying "hi".

I love this!

If you had to study, Lake George seemed like an awfully nice place to do it! I'm glad you could bring fur baby, too. That's the part I hate about taking a trip anywhere - leaving the dogs :sad:

Woohoo!!

:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

Congratulations!!

Ashlee I'm so far behind on your TR I'm embarrassed!! Forgive me, I'm here now :D

I actually didn't know where this market was located, I just knew how to get inside the Yacht Club. I asked the nice woman working at Fittings & Fairings Clothes & Notions for directions as this was located in the corner of the lobby. Her response, "it's right where Fittings & Fairings used to be.". Considering I'd never been to the Yacht Club I think my face looked like this...
Ha! I would've given her a look, too. But I guess they're used to lots of repeat guests so in a way I don't blame her? Just not really helpful :rolleyes:

Upon exiting the show, the Country Bears were doing meet and greets!!
I've read about this happening here and there but never when I'M there! I've never met the Country Bears and would love to. I find it hysterical that your DH did not get the humor of the show but I guess not everyone does. And I know it shocks some people too which I also find funny!

Lake George Village and were able to get gas. This town was so cute!
Isn't it?? I think I told you it's about 3 hours North of me so we don't get there too often but so many people around here vacation there on a yearly basis. I went every year with my family growing up so I have fond memories :goodvibes And that hotel is gorgeous, we've stayed there before!

passed my nurse practitioner boards as of 7/8/17!
party: Congrats!! Must be such a load off your shoulders!!!

Side note- I binge watched all four seasons of Southern Charm while in Disney. I couldn't be stopped. I LOVE Charleston. I would move there in a second. Please tell me someone else loves this show too?!

Late to the party, but coming out of lurkdom to say yes, I LOVE Southern Charm! And Britney Spears :laughing:

Congrats on passing your boards!

XOXO,
Ashlee

Congratulations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter