Community Hall at BCV

AEN

Mouseketeer
What is the chance of them ever getting a Community Hall at BCV? They should put it where the solarium is. However, that would open it up to the regular Beach Club hotel. Maybe they can put a little one in that drawing room.

Any thoughts?

If they did put in a Community Hall, I'd be fine with BV and YC guests having access. Heck, we have access to SAB.

I wouldn't want to give up the Solarium or Drawing Room. What's the big advantage and draw for a community hall? Activities? They could the have those in the pool area and other areas without a dedicated room. I'm really not familiar with what's available at the community hall, but I've always thought it was an advantage that the BVW resort had over BCV and WLV. Perhaps there is room over near the convention area for a large room to show movies in, or other activities.

They could find another location for the laundry room that is over by the BC quiet pool and make it larger for community hall activities. I guess you could always give up one two bedroom villa, take out all the walls and make it one large room available for community hall activities, one closest to the drawing room on the 1st floor. Your could soundproof the ceiling and walls to protect the neighbors. That way it would have a door out to the pool area and one to the hallway. That would be a fair size room if all the walls were taken out of a complete two bedroom villa.

Interesting question, I look forward to seeing other posts on the subject. There's probably a large risk by adding a community hall in making BCV more desirable that it already is as the most desirable DVC location. :goodvibes :lovestruc :rolleyes1

There's that. Also, I think that DVC would have to have the Offering Statement amended and re-ratified by the state to add any amenities to the timeshare that were not part of the original spec. (That's to protect members from having to pay maintenance on any random thing Disney would decide to add.)

Community Hall is one of my dd's favorite things about BWV. That's the one thing she isn't happy about not having when we stay at BCV next week. I'm going to give them a call and see if she can go over and do some stuff even if we aren't staying at our 'home resort'.

Last time we stayed at BWV I was talking to a CM at Community Hall and told here that my daughter would miss the community hall on our next visit to BCV. She told me that the community hall wa for all DVC members, not just BWV and I was more than welcome to come when staying at BCV.

I can tell you that BWI guests brought their kids over to BWV Community Hall on one of our trips, and the CM's there just let them use it (didn't check room key ID's). In the CM's defense, the Hall was not crowded at all.

I think a CH at every DVC resort would be a nice addition. Just another way of Disney telling DVC members that we're "special". :)

I wish they would get one at BCV. My kids love the comm. hall at BWV and do spend a lot of time there esp since we have been to Disney over 15 times so we do not go to the parks every day. The kids just love the BCV pool and we have just bought some BCV pts but am now wondering if they will get bored without the comm. hall. The boys are older, 17 and 15 yr. so intertainment at Disney a little harder but free ping pong, air hockey etc is just what they need. Yes I know they can go over to BWV to play but it is not the same or quick trip until mom and dad are ready to go since they are taking too long to get ready in the morning. We sure do wish it would happen.

Actually, this is Mr. KAMommy (or DH)...

Another wrinkle of having a community room retrofitted into the resort is that it would probably be required (by FL state building code) to be an assembly space due to the possible amount of people occupying that room. That's fine if it's near some of the other Assembly occupancy spaces (like the main lobby / solarium), but if not it would require numerous fire-rated enclosures & multiple exits to achieve this.

Granny said:
I can tell you that BWI guests brought their kids over to BWV Community Hall on one of our trips, and the CM's there just let them use it (didn't check room key ID's). In the CM's defense, the Hall was not crowded at all.
I don't really have a problem with that, I've certainly read several posts about BWV guests using the BWI pool. It might be different if it was crowded.

I've never been in the BWV community hall (maybe that's because we don't have any young kids). So please enlighten me-what's there?

I think it would be nice if they put some board games in the drawing room or solarium for use by guests. In fact, I've even suggested that on the surveys I've filled out after our trips to BCV. It sure would be nice on those rainy days like we had last March. Of course, there would probably be some that would take the games back to their room and not return them or wouldn't pick them up after they finished playing. Maybe they could check them out from the DVC staff at the desk in the BCV lobby or at the store like we do DVDs.

Donna

Simba's Mom, my daughter used BWV Community Hall once last summer when we met friends who were staying there. While the adults had lunch by the Clown pool, our kids went over there. I remember ping pong and air hockey, lots of video-type machines like Nintendo-type things, and maybe some crafts? There were 2 CM's on duty. My daughter thought it was very cool because my friend assured me it was OK for the kids to stay without parents... Perhaps that is a lot of the appeal for teens? It's a safe place to hang out without Mom and Dad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter