Comparing resorts... Are Mods really worth $100 more a night?

We really enjoyed CSR. The construction is mostly at one end of the resort and really doesn't impact the amenities at the resort. We found the bus service to be one of our best experiences (buses seemed to be more on-time, shorter rides to most everywhere because of the centralized location of the resort, less crowded buses). The other thing I noticed when we were there is that there weren't quite as many kids. I think because this is a convention resort, there tend to be more adults. Don't get me wrong, there were still plenty of kids, but there just didn't seem to be as many as what you see at other resorts. We were also able to see the HS fireworks from the balcony outside our room. I also really liked the restaurants at CSR.

Have a great trip!

Not IMO.

We've tried the mods and each time we hated it.

I'm not a hot tub user unless it's mine or a close friend/family member. We greatly disliked the bussing at the mods and we found the ambience lacking.

The win will always go to Pop. We love the ambience - the over the top loud decor is right in our wheelhouse. I know it's personal taste but I love looking out our resort window and seeing all those bold, tacky, larger than life icons. I know I'm in Disney with just a glance.

We won't stray from Pop again. There's no point.

Right now, I think all of Disney's resort are ridiculously overpriced at rack rate.

8 bazillion likes to this comment.

I stayed ASMu this summer and POFQ and after staying at CBR and POR in the last year... we are hooked on Mod's. I didn't like the little room, small toiletries, less themed pool, restaurant on property, etc... It feels so much nicer at a Mod to me and the extra space in the room is so nice when staying extended time. FWIW, we have never paid more than $200/night for a mod, which has been only around $50 more/night.

We added a couple days room only at Pop to our AKL trip and are here now. We stayed at a value back in 2008 and I must have forgotten just how tiny they are. Twin beds are the worst. Yet if they replaced these two beds with queens I think it would feel like a room full up of just beds.

Normally we book POR and splurge with a deluxe trip from time to time but we will never again stay value. Cut half my trip if it means staying in a better room.

No. It doesn't have shuttles, but there is Uber.
Thank-you so much for the reply.:) I think maybe it's a new service. I just checked the SwanDolphin website and under On-Site Conveniences it says "Complimentary Shuttle to the Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets". That is a nice incentive for people who don't drive to WDW but might want to do some shopping offsite.

The only reason we stayed at POR for our last 2 trips is because we are a family of 5. Going in November just DH and I and we are doing POP. No way I'd pay another $75 or so a night for a mod. Of course we don't spend much time in the room, and we're not planning to swim much if at all.

I have a question about value vs moderates...I've been to the All stars, whe you have to walk outside (sometimes very far!) to get to the lobby or food. Are moderates set up similarly? We've gotten hearty discounts on deluxes where everything is connected, although sometimes you're walking what feels like miles indoors.

I have a question about value vs moderates...I've been to the All stars, whe you have to walk outside (sometimes very far!) to get to the lobby or food. Are moderates set up similarly? We've gotten hearty discounts on deluxes where everything is connected, although sometimes you're walking what feels like miles indoors.
French Quarter is the smallest so walking isn't an issue there. The other moderates have preferred rooms which are more expensive but put you in a central location.
So yes, with the size of CSR, CBR and POR, depending on what room you get you could be doing a decent amount of walking.

French Quarter is the smallest so walking isn't an issue there. The other moderates have preferred rooms which are more expensive but put you in a central location.
So yes, with the size of CSR, CBR and POR, depending on what room you get you could be doing a decent amount of walking.
Thanks! Is all the walking outdoors? Are are there interior hallways? We vacation in August so this is important as it is either one billion degrees or pouring rain.

Thanks! Is all the walking outdoors? Are are there interior hallways? We vacation in August so this is important as it is either one billion degrees or pouring rain.

The only resorts with interior hallways are deluxe resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter