• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Complete Newbie

Shane

Tower of Terror Mad!
Hey Everyone

Well, I've always liked storing my memories in a photo, although I have never owned my own Digital Camera myself. I have been looking into buying one but i have NO idea of where to start, I dont have a specific budget either so fire away :)

Oh by the way, I'm in england so sites situated in England would be much better :sunny:

Welcome to the Photography Board, Shane!

Here's a great site to start researching digital cameras called Digital Photography Review You'll be happy to know this site is based in England. ;)

I would suggest you do a little thinking as to what you want. Do you want to take pictures and share them on the web with friends and family? Do you want to print them out? Do you want something to carry in your pocket...backpack...over your shoulder? Do you want a camera to Point and Shoot or something you can learn with and grow into as your photography skills increase?

Last question, what kind of film cameras are you familiar with?

Good luck and we'll all be very happy to help you along the way!

Thanks for the warm welcome,

Well, I'd mainly like photos to share them on the web and with friends and family, If i ever did want them printed I would goto a Printing Shop as there always better ( well in my experiance ). I'd like something I can carry easily, not to heavy or will make my life a living hell when at theme parks, so smaller the better. Although I have not thought about it I wouldnt mind if I got a camera what wasnt top range but could learn with but then again if the price is right I'd buy something I can grow into.

I have had experiance with a "Samsung Digimax 401" what is my sisters, the picture quality is good but I think I would be looking for something better, and maybe something with video what is not jolty, sounds almost like i want a digital recorder what is small, lol! :rotfl2:

Also, Thanks for the site, it has some great information that should help me out a bundle. I'm guessing the more Mega Pixels the better, like 8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter