Concerts and Seasonal AP

SCSabresfan

Mouseketeer
If I am understanding correctly, seasonal AP's are blocked from USF for any days that there are concerts. Is this correct? I also believe I read somewhere that the Mannheim Steam Roller concerts are included in the days that are blacked out. Is this true? If so, how often do they have the Mannheim Steam Roller concerts? We have seasonal passes and plan to visit from December 10-13, 2018. We had planned on two days at each park. Will this plan be feasible with the concert schedules?

The concerts are traditionally on the weekends so you shouldn't have an issue. If you do have an issue, you always have the option of upgrading when you get there.

Do they do multiple concerts in one weekend? We are there Dec 5-12 so I'm a little concerned. I guess we could do our SeaWorld day on one of the concert days--we have to do that on a weekend anyway for their shows...

Last year they were done each Saturday and Sunday from the weekend before Thanksgiving to the weekend before Christmas.

Last year they were done each Saturday and Sunday from the weekend before Thanksgiving to the weekend before Christmas.

Well crap--they really should put that on the season pass blackout days. Oh well I guess we can go to SeaWorld Saturday instead of Friday.

The concerts are traditionally on the weekends so you shouldn't have an issue. If you do have an issue, you always have the option of upgrading when you get there.

Thanks for the info! It is a HUGE relief to know they are hopefully only on the weekend!

Do you have to go preferred to be able to enter USF on a concert night or only power? I think it would be kind of fun to actually go to the Mannheim Steamroller concert itself.

It looks like you only have to go up to the Power pass. However, it isn't much (~$40 I think) to move up to the Preferred, which gets you a 10% discount on food and merchandise. So if you are going to be there for a few days (and staying on-site), it might be worth upgrading one to the Preferred, in my experience.

We did the concert last year on the Saturday before Christmas and really enjoyed it. The park was crowded during the day, but we were able to show up shortly before the concert started and found a place to sit quite easily.

It looks like you only have to go up to the Power pass. However, it isn't much (~$40 I think) to move up to the Preferred, which gets you a 10% discount on food and merchandise. So if you are going to be there for a few days (and staying on-site), it might be worth upgrading one to the Preferred, in my experience.

Yeah, I think you're right an extra $160 gets us more flexibility, a concert (or two) that I think we would enjoy, and 10% off food and merchandise. And the whole thing ($730) is still less than I thought tickets would be when I first started looking--we're there for a week. Hmmm... I'll have to take a look what's included in the AP discounts.

We were there recently and both Sat/Sun were block out dates due to the Mardi Gras concerts which weren't really an interest to us so didn't make sense to adjust the tickets, and ended up not being a bit deal because we just spent those two days in IOA instead.

Yeah, I think you're right an extra $160 gets us more flexibility, a concert (or two) that I think we would enjoy, and 10% off food and merchandise. And the whole thing ($730) is still less than I thought tickets would be when I first started looking--we're there for a week. Hmmm... I'll have to take a look what's included in the AP discounts.

We were just there during Mardi Gras concerts and blocked out of US. We just spent those two days at IOA. They weren't any interest to us and the food discount wasn't going to give us enough savings to make it worthwhile so we just planned accordingly and wasn't a big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter