CONFIRMED! Splash Mountain REFURB: August 28 - November 16, 2017

Sigh.

I'm trying not to be bummed about this, but I'm afraid something else big will go down in October too...

R, u , Bleepin kiddin?:confused3

:sad2: My favorite ride.......
I guess I'll need to ride it 3 or 10 times in the 3 days we go in the summer...:banana:
Definitely at least 3!

In September we had 3 Anytime FPs thanks to a Contemp mix-up. Rode 3 consecutive times: was so much fun, were totally soaked, and the guests in Standby that we passed 3 times weren't as happy as we were for some reason. :)

Definitely at least 3!

In September we had 3 Anytime FPs thanks to a Contemp mix-up. Rode 3 consecutive times: was so much fun, were totally soaked, and the guests in Standby that we passed 3 times weren't as happy as we were for some reason. :)

Too funny........
I love that darned ride... And what's even more crazy is, that up until 2014 we never rode it at night :rolleyes1......Talk about a ride Even Waaay better:thumbsup2.....Same with BTMRR...

NO!!!! This makes me so sad :( I know they have to be refurbed but I am going to sulk for a bit.

I thought they tried to do major updates in the winter season? Why would they close it during the busy Halloween party season??

And all of F&W festival season...too

As we start to approach the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary more and more reforms are going to happen. As I understand it this was pushed into summer/fall 2017 as there will be other refurbs in the winter 2018 season. We will continue to see more refurbs over the next 4 years to get attractions in much better shape for the 50th.

Too funny........
I love that darned ride... And what's even more crazy is, that up until 2014 we never rode it at night :rolleyes1......Talk about a ride Even Waaay better:thumbsup2.....Same with BTMRR...
Our 3 rides were at night in the last 45 minutes or so before park close. :)

Have you tried EE at night? I rarely ride EE but we did in September and had a great view of the fireworks from the SW Galactic Show!

Our 3 rides were at night in the last 45 minutes or so before park close. :)

Have you tried EE at night? I rarely ride EE but we did in September and had a great view of the fireworks from the SW Galactic Show!
Never stayed at AK, till really late so no, but I have to admit, you have me intrigued....Also seeing the fwx, has to be kinda cool.

As we start to approach the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary more and more reforms are going to happen. As I understand it this was pushed into summer/fall 2017 as there will be other refurbs in the winter 2018 season. We will continue to see more refurbs over the next 4 years to get attractions in much better shape for the 50th.

What would you suppose the possibility of another big ride...say Everest...going down for refurb at the same time???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter