CONFIRMED! Splash Mountain REFURB: August 28 - November 16, 2017

If "Doesn't get you that wet" = looks like I just jumped in the lake with all of my clothes on, then no, Splash "doesn't get you that wet."

(Just in case anyone is unaware, you can get absolutely soaked on Splash. I have.)

Its not a definite thing, but the risk is high enough that I generally avoid the ride these days unless we have a plan (which is changing our clothes at the hotel right away). We don't always have to, but I'd say more often than not its necessary.

I concur! I have to wear swimming suit for those rides.

We do that for the raft rides! Its just more fun when you don't have to be soaked for half a day.

We just got back from the park in Tokyo and it was like night and day... our faces were splashed a little and there were a few drips on our pants and coats but that was it. If I could get just a little wet like that it would be my favorite ride for sure!

Except its only for the better for those that get to go back-for those of us that dont...its really not for the better for us. It's not much of a comfort that while I'll never get to ride it other people will and they will get to enjoy it even more without me. In fact that kind of burns even worse.
And what if the ride went down due to it being broken during your trip. Would you rather have that? I would never let one ride make or break my trip. Yes it's unfortunate but there is so much to do.

Yes it's unfortunate but there is so much to do.

I agree that it doesn't completely ruin a trip-no one attraction could of course-for those that have a special love for the attraction (the DL version is my favorite ride and DL and I have missed it terribly since it seems to always be closed when we go) and have waited 30 years to ride the WDW version which is supposed to be the better version, and now they miss out again in the name of making it better for a future time that we cant enjoy just...well...sucks. It just sucks. There is no bandaide for it. No silver lining. It sucks -that's all I'm saying.

I am so relieved. We check in on August 23 and leave on the 30th, so it will be open for the majority of our trip! I'm finally going to get to ride it with our eldest daughter.
Be sure to FP it especially because you'll be there right before the closure begins. :)

Bummer. Love riding Splash at the Halloween party. Was hoping to take the kids to MNSSHP in September when we do our Universal trip, and their favorite ride at MK is Splash. I guess we can join the long list of the disappointed. We listen to the soundtrack from the ride while driving here in Atlanta and the kids sing along, remembering how much fun they have on the ride. Guess we will have to play the soundtrack in the back yard and just squirt the kids with the hose.

It's official-Disney must have noticed my reservation... because Splash is being refurbed during my trip.

Just like last time...at an unheard of time of the year...just like last time...Mickey, is there some reason you are keeping me from all the fun in the brier patch? I believed it when it was first posted but I kinda held out hope since this was going to be my only shot at riding the WDW Splash. Well, hopes dashed. :sad:

Except its only for the better for those that get to go back-for those of us that dont...its really not for the better for us. It's not much of a comfort that while I'll never get to ride it other people will and they will get to enjoy it even more without me. In fact that kind of burns even worse.

I feel your pain. I went to Disneyland last year, and guess which E Ticket was closed during my visit? Wow, how did you guess?

No matter which coast I go to, one of my favorite rides is closed up tight as a drum (if WDWMagic's report is accurate).

I am sure this has been asked but is there any chance this refurb might be completed early. I am just asking based on past experience and I understand that no one will know for sure. I have read that Disney's reputation is not so great when it comes to completing work in a timely manner. Our last day at the parks is November 16th. Could there be some hope that they might have a soft opening? I have 4 adults and child who are first timer and I am quite disappointed they might miss out.

I am sure this has been asked but is there any chance this refurb might be completed early. I am just asking based on past experience and I understand that no one will know for sure. I have read that Disney's reputation is not so great when it comes to completing work in a timely manner. Our last day at the parks is November 16th. Could there be some hope that they might have a soft opening? I have 4 adults and child who are first timer and I am quite disappointed they might miss out.
There is always a chance but don't bet on it.

So disappointed to learn Splash Mountain will be closed when we visit. It's my favorite ride and I've been talking it up to DH who is a first timer. I literally just had him watch a video of it on YouTube - now he's disappointed too. :sad:

I just realized Splash Mountain is going to be closed this year - Aug-Nov and am so bummed!! Wasn't this just closed last year during the same time for refurbs?? What are the chances it will be fixed in october? I'm so sad we will not get to ride this, it's one of our faves! (this is more of a venting post LOL)

Any chance this day get postponed even by a few weeks? We've got a trip planned over labor day weekend and are super bummed this is closed.. not only is it my favorite ride but this would be my nieces first time to ride it

My 5 year old is going to be so disappointed! We arrive late on 8/25, and will only have one MK day before it closes! He rode it no less 15 times (seriously) when we were there in November.

Any chance this day get postponed even by a few weeks? We've got a trip planned over labor day weekend and are super bummed this is closed.. not only is it my favorite ride but this would be my nieces first time to ride it
Although not impossible, the odds of any delay here are very slim. Disney is pretty good about sticking to these refurb schedules once they are released. It's been very rare that they changed the dates after something like this is announced.

I just realized Splash Mountain is going to be closed this year - Aug-Nov and am so bummed!! Wasn't this just closed last year during the same time for refurbs?? What are the chances it will be fixed in october? I'm so sad we will not get to ride this, it's one of our faves! (this is more of a venting post LOL)
No Big Thunder was closed last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter