CONFIRMED! Splash Mountain REFURB: August 28 - November 16, 2017

Any chance this day get postponed even by a few weeks? We've got a trip planned over labor day weekend and are super bummed this is closed.. not only is it my favorite ride but this would be my nieces first time to ride it
Very very unlikely.

You know you are a Disney nut when you decide to go to MVMCP just for the hope of being able to ride Splash on the day it is supposed to come back online.... especially knowing the schedule could slip even by a day and you will be SOL. :-) My five year old cried when I told her it was going to be closed for our trip so Mama Bear gots to do what Mama Bear gots to do!

BTMRR was closed during my visit last fall... super excited to get there again. And luckily our next visit will be just after Splash reopens!

We arrive on August 26 and originally had AK planned for August 27. Now I am squeezing MK in the morning. Got PPO BOG at 8:25 after almost 24/7 checking for reservation to open up over a week. We will be at the rope to Splash first thing that morning after breakfast, and hope to ride as many times as we can. Then use express bus to hop to AK for our FPs. This means I have to pay an extra day of express bus because the original plan already has 7 days of park hopping. Now we are hopping an extra day just for Splash. We love Splash and it's a must ride!

Last August BTMR was closed when we were there and we were SO bummed. Luckily this year we will get to do Splash two weeks before it closes.

I sure hope there is no delay in opening it back up. We arrive 11-26.

I LOVE Splash Mountain!!

You know you are a Disney nut when you decide to go to MVMCP just for the hope of being able to ride Splash on the day it is supposed to come back online.... especially knowing the schedule could slip even by a day and you will be SOL. :-) My five year old cried when I told her it was going to be closed for our trip so Mama Bear gots to do what Mama Bear gots to do!

Which is what exactly?----------------> Book another trip.:teeth::rolleyes1

No Big Thunder was closed last year.

Unless you were at the other Disney last year-It was closed at Disneyland last year during a similar time frame which was weird and unheard of then. Now a year later it will be down again during the hottest part of the year. Its starting to feel like a conspiracy to keep a zip-a-dee-doo-dah good time out of my trips :scared:.

I will say in my experience it now seems like there is no time that is truly "safe" from a Splash closure.

Unless you were at the other Disney last year-It was closed at Disneyland last year during a similar time frame which was weird and unheard of then. Now a year later it will be down again during the hottest part of the year. Its starting to feel like a conspiracy to keep a zip-a-dee-doo-dah good time out of my trips :scared:.

I will say in my experience it now seems like there is no time that is truly "safe" from a Splash closure.
Refurbs between Disneyland and WDW aren't coordinated. Refurbs are planned by the individual park management. There are still periods where the won't take it down. Mid summer (June-July), and during the holidays.

grrrrrr. We are at Disney World November 4th though the 10th. My favorite ride is shut down. Oh well.
I guess you'll just have to go on the other 100 or so rides to take your mind off of it...LoL

I'll be down during the same time frame.....I'll buy you a ---->:drinking1(* Insert Adult BEV.) so you can forget all about it...LoL:thumbsup2

I'm booked for the VIP day of thrills. Splash is usually one of the rides. Any thoughts on what they might replace it with at any of the four parks. Tour currently includes:
Haunted mansion, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Rockin Roller Coaster, Toy Story, Soarin and sometimes Test Track and Buzz.

I'm booked for the VIP day of thrills. Splash is usually one of the rides. Any thoughts on what they might replace it with at any of the four parks. Tour currently includes:
Haunted mansion, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Rockin Roller Coaster, Toy Story, Soarin and sometimes Test Track and Buzz.
Carousel of progress? Jk

I would say if Test Track isn't normally a part of the rotation that would be a logical choice

I'm missing Splash Mountain by 2 days?! That sucks. Guess I'll have to console myself with an extra Dole Whip. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!