Confused about DCA close and WoC

ExcitedMama

DIS Veteran
I was looking at dates to plan and on W 9/27 DCA closes at 8 but WOC is at 8:15. Is that a glitch? Or does the park close before WOC starts?

I have young children so I'm wondering what's the earliest we can line up for WoC? I'm hoping to have them rest/nap before it starts so they can be awake for it.

We've all been confused about that at one time or another too! Park closing is because ride lines and shops outside of Buena Visa St close at 8pm, WOC will start at 8:15pm and guests will exit the park after.

I was looking at dates to plan and on W 9/27 DCA closes at 8 but WOC is at 8:15. Is that a glitch? Or does the park close before WOC starts?

I have young children so I'm wondering what's the earliest we can line up for WoC? I'm hoping to have them rest/nap before it starts so they can be awake for it.

Please take some time to read the "World of Color Superthread" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37986447. It will help with these types of questions.

:wizard:

As others have said, it's not uncommon for the last showing of WoC to start a bit after the park's official closing. I think they do this so that they can spread out the exiting crowds and reduce the impacts on the trams and buses. I would also recommend getting there at least an hour before the show time; you still need to try to be in the front (i.e., have a view of the water surface) if you want to see the whole show. At a minimum, you don't want to end up standing behind someone who is taller than you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter