Connecticut?

For those of you that moved from CT, what was the biggest change for you? Anything you especially miss about CT? I'm looking to retire down near Disney, and the only thing I think I would miss is the seasons. I went to Disney once in early December and to go to a Christmas party in shorts / T-shirts just felt strange.

Hi and good luck with moving if you decided too. I do hear from family and friends that they would miss the seasons, but we don't. However, I am not sure how I will feel about Christmas in the warmer weather. It does feel strange to be in shorts and tank tops in February an March. I think what I miss the most is my family and friends, however I think the food that we liked to eat (Italian, Italian bakeries and Pizza) is what we miss. There are good chains down here but not the same. I am going to have to learn to like the local cuisine here.

In 2010, I left Connecticut for a few years in the D.C. Area. Later in 2012 I made the move to Florida. And my only regret is that I did not move down to Florida sooner. Do I miss Connecticut? Yes, I miss golfing in New England in the fall as well New Hampshire's Lakes Region in the summer. And of course, apizza in New Haven. Oh yes, Lobsters are cheaper in Connecticut compared to Florida

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!