Connecting rooms?

I'd like to see said policy in writing somewhere. Even on Disney's own web site it states connecting rooms are a request only, not guaranteed.

Also in the terms & conditions listed in my resort reservation confirmation email.

Nonsense. I'm not saying they are lying. I'm saying there is a policy. It may not be honored often, but technically there IS a policy.
You are simply incorrect. There is no guarantee of connecting rooms. Not even for a single parent with too many kids to fit in one room. It happened. It was reported on these boards. Again, NO guarantee for connecting rooms.

Nonsense. I'm not saying they are lying. I'm saying there is a policy. It may not be honored often, but technically there IS a policy.

NOT correct. There is no such policy. Connecting rooms Are. Never. Guaranteed. Saying otherwise here is going to lead to folks being very disappointed, and it is very unfair to them.

There is no guarantee for connecting rooms, no matter what the adult to children ratio is. Make connecting your only room request, and go from there.

There is NO POLICY regarding connecting rooms or just about anything else regarding your room being guaranteed. Actually it's the opposite, "request basis only" at check in based on availability.

The closest you might come to it existing (it doesn't) is if a single adult is traveling with a large number of minors they will try hard. BUT it has been reported a single Mom arrived to split rooms and was put in a single room until they could find her connecting.

There for sure is no policy if there are two adults who can split up into the two rooms. Plenty on here have been split up, not even close.

The ONLY thing Disney guarantees is A ROOM somewhere.

Not connecting, not your category, not even your specific resort are guaranteed. They have covered themselves in fine print to not owe us anything more than a room. They may upgrade for free, they may downgrade with refund.

No one should go expecting to get their rooms connected .... they try, they usually work with folks best they can, but their goal is the tetris rule of thumb filling all rooms. I always suggest to pack based on who goes where in case you are split up, what a pain once there. If you get connecting, all is good.

PER WDW 2018 TERMS AND CONDITIONS >>>>>>

connected.png

Last edited:
Ok. This thread is scaring me a bit. I fully recognize that the connecting room request I made when I made our reservation many months ago is merely a request. Totally get that. However, this is due to medical reasons, which I clearly stated also when I made the reservation. I have disabled adult son and will need to get back and forth to help him especially in the morning and at bedtime. So...I'm thankful that this thread drew my attention to the possibility of a problem with that....but I sure hope there isn't one. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Fingers crossed.

Ok. This thread is scaring me a bit. I fully recognize that the connecting room request I made when I made our reservation many months ago is merely a request. Totally get that. However, this is due to medical reasons, which I clearly stated also when I made the reservation. I have disabled adult son and will need to get back and forth to help him especially in the morning and at bedtime. So...I'm thankful that this thread drew my attention to the possibility of a problem with that....but I sure hope there isn't one. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Fingers crossed.

Understand. I have a disabled adult son, he always stays in my room/suite. Many on here will say if it is an absolute must, then book a situation that keeps you together, particularly at busy times of year when moving people is harder to do. I get nervous anymore because most the time I note something on my reservation to help with our trip - they seem to ignore it. :sad1: I've been moved a few times, been refused a few times.

Understand. I have a disabled adult son, he always stays in my room/suite. Many on here will say if it is an absolute must, then book a situation that keeps you together, particularly at busy times of year when moving people is harder to do. I get nervous anymore because most the time I note something on my reservation to help with our trip - they seem to ignore it. :sad1: I've been moved a few times, been refused a few times.
Isn't there a special department to call when a room set up is a medical need?
There is, and anyone in that situation should check the WDW FAQ on the disABILITIES forum. If the information isn't there, just post a a question.

Thanks, All. I appreciate all the support and knowledge. I'm not "that" guest, so we will be blessed by however this shakes out and will make due. Again, thanks!

Almost all of the studios at the PVB (DVC portion of the Poly) connect to another studio. IIRC, there are only one or two of the 360 studios there that do NOT connect to another studio. I do not recall any reports of someone requesting connecting studios there that did NOT get them

Requesting connecting studios at the PVB is the closest thing to a guarantee that you can get at WDW. If you can afford them , if they re available for your dates and if connecting is very important, stay there. Good luck!

I would suggest considering a DVC 2 bedroom. with the age of the kids it is likely you will be spending time in the room. The advantages will be a full kitchen and a washer and dryer. For reasonable amounts you can rent points at OKW, SSR or a standard view at AKL but make sure you book long in advance if you rent DVC this will likely cost you less than 2 studios at some of the other resorts and if you compare it to a monorail resort it will be less...

Has anyone requested connecting rooms and NOT gotten them?? Just wondering what the chances are of getting them? Bc we really want/need rooms that connect but villas and suites are a little out of our price range. We want to stay deluxe at either the Poly, GF, or BC. (Considering BLT too) Getting 2 standard rooms connecting would be ideal for the cost but if we absolutely have to we might be able to splurge on a 2 bedroom villa, although the cost of all of this is kindof outrageous. Hoping some discounts come out but we just don’t know yet ‍♀️ Possibly traveling with 4 adults, a 7 yr old, three 2 yr olds and a 10 mo old! Any and all opinions on this situation are welcome. please and thank you!

I don't understand at at all why connecting rooms are needed in this situation. I assume you are considering it because you have two adults, and a family of 6 (2 adults 4 kids), and you want to put one of the kids in the room with the other adults but be connected to that room to help in the mornings etc. But, infants are not counted toward the room total. There are tons of rooms at GF, Poly and BC that allow 5 + one infant under 3. Just get one of those rooms for the family, and a non-connecting room for the two adults.

and a family of 6 (2 adults 4 kids),
No. Family of seven:
Adult
Adult
Seven year old
Two year old
Two year old
Two year old
Ten month old
Random night selected May 13, 2019 for the seven of them:
  • Campsites $108 (would actually fit all nine)
  • All Star Music Family Suite $301 (and the other adults could book Preferred and request adjoining)
  • Fort Wilderness Cabins $387 (others request adjoining/adjacent cabin at same rate)
  • Art of Animation $395 (other couple in LM section or at Pop
  • Beach Club Villas* $1195
  • Contemporary 2 bedroom Club Level suite* $2466
  • Polynesian bungalow* $2739
*sleeps 8+infant, i.e. entire party
The family suite - even two adjacent - seem ridiculously more cost-effective.

No. Family of seven:
Adult
Adult
Seven year old
Two year old
Two year old
Two year old
Ten month old
Random night selected May 13, 2019 for the seven of them:
  • Campsites $108 (would actually fit all nine)
  • All Star Music Family Suite $301 (and the other adults could book Preferred and request adjoining)
  • Fort Wilderness Cabins $387 (others request adjoining/adjacent cabin at same rate)
  • Art of Animation $395 (other couple in LM section or at Pop
  • Beach Club Villas* $1195
  • Contemporary 2 bedroom Club Level suite* $2466
  • Polynesian bungalow* $2739
*sleeps 8+infant, i.e. entire party
The family suite - even two adjacent - seem ridiculously more cost-effective.

Ah I misread; I thought it was two two year olds. But in that case are the kids all the same family? If a mom had two year old triplets followed by a 10 month old that’s pretty impressive!

If in fact one or more of the children belongs to the second adult couple, then it holds true that there is really no reason why they would need a connecting room.

I don’t know how helpful this is, but I have requested connecting rooms only once (when my husband and I took a trip with four of our nieces, who ranged in age from 6-11). We got them. This was at Caribbean Beach. I think that my husband called the hotel directly a day or two before we arrived to explain the situation and that we really needed connecting rooms. This was some time ago, so I don’t know whether that is an option any more, or whether it would help.

Unless someone has genuine inside information, they are not calling a Disney resort directly. They are speaking with a CM in a call center. Pretty sure that's been the setup for at least 20 years.

I don’t know how helpful this is, but I have requested connecting rooms only once (when my husband and I took a trip with four of our nieces, who ranged in age from 6-11). We got them. This was at Caribbean Beach. I think that my husband called the hotel directly a day or two before we arrived to explain the situation and that we really needed connecting rooms. This was some time ago, so I don’t know whether that is an option any more, or whether it would help.

For quite a few years now you can't call Disney resorts directly. Your call goes to a call center and they act like they are at a resort, even though they are not.

I've not gotten connecting rooms 3 times now. The last time at check in we were even told we had connecting rooms, and then didn't. I think maybe the guests that had the connecting room were ill, as they had their do not disturb tag up for a few days.

Sorry, holiday stuff has kept me off here for awhile. Anyway, I was just wondering the likelihood of getting connecting rooms purely for convenience purposes. My brother and sister in law will have the 10 month old and 2 yr old who will be going to sleep earlier than the rest of us and taking naps and will need to be in a separate room ideally. I would be tagging along with my mother, my 7 yr old son, and my 2 yr old twins! My kids will just fall asleep whenever wherever so it’s not a big deal for me. I went ahead and booked a 2 bedroom villa at BLT, seemed like the best option but I’m not sure the price will be ok with everyone. I wanted to save some money and try for connecting rooms but it seems like it’s a necessity for my brother to have at least 2 separate rooms connected in some way. AoA isn’t my first choice but it could work if we get 2 suites and wouldn’t matter if they weren’t right next to each other. But we don’t go to WDW often and the convenience and amenities of the deluxes is much more appealing. Of course I’m always going back and forth in my mind whether or not the deluxes are really worth all the extra money? Just trying to look at all the possible options and plan the most enjoyable vacation for everyone. Thanks!

Sorry, holiday stuff has kept me off here for awhile. Anyway, I was just wondering the likelihood of getting connecting rooms purely for convenience purposes. My brother and sister in law will have the 10 month old and 2 yr old who will be going to sleep earlier than the rest of us and taking naps and will need to be in a separate room ideally. I would be tagging along with my mother, my 7 yr old son, and my 2 yr old twins! My kids will just fall asleep whenever wherever so it’s not a big deal for me. I went ahead and booked a 2 bedroom villa at BLT, seemed like the best option but I’m not sure the price will be ok with everyone. I wanted to save some money and try for connecting rooms but it seems like it’s a necessity for my brother to have at least 2 separate rooms connected in some way. AoA isn’t my first choice but it could work if we get 2 suites and wouldn’t matter if they weren’t right next to each other. But we don’t go to WDW often and the convenience and amenities of the deluxes is much more appealing. Of course I’m always going back and forth in my mind whether or not the deluxes are really worth all the extra money? Just trying to look at all the possible options and plan the most enjoyable vacation for everyone. Thanks!

Personally, I think that with the ages of the kids, in-room laundry would be worth its weight in gold, not to mention having a full kitchen with full size refrigerator/freezer and stove with oven for fixing breakfast, snacks and other food. I don’t think AOA family suites provide all that. Add in the walk to & from MK with strollers and BLT would be an automatic YES!! from me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!