Considering the Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape in 2021

teruterubouzu

DIS Veteran
Hi all. I've lurked in this forum for years and started looking at it more regularly now that I've been seriously considering the Backstage Magic tour. However, I happened upon the Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape itinerary today and I'm intrigued.

I've already visited sites like Walt's Barn and the carousel at Griffith Park. I'm most interested in the visit to imagineering, Disney studios and, of course, Disneyland. Are any of those components shortchanged in the escape vs. Backstage Magic? Has anyone done both and can compare the two?

Thanks in advance for your insights!

You can see my trip report at:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/so-cal-short-escape-10-4-2018-trip-report.3724783/
I have not been on the full 6 day Backstage Magic trip, but I did see reports and notes by others on that version of the trip.

I think the Imagineering and Disney Studios parts are the same in both trips. For the Disneyland Resort section, there is more time in the 6 day adventure. I think both trips go behind the scenes to the same three attractions and to Walt's apartment in the fire station. But the 6 day adventure may offer more perks such as reserved seating for fireworks and more dinners.

You can see my trip report at:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/so-cal-short-escape-10-4-2018-trip-report.3724783/
I have not been on the full 6 day Backstage Magic trip, but I did see reports and notes by others on that version of the trip.

I think the Imagineering and Disney Studios parts are the same in both trips. For the Disneyland Resort section, there is more time in the 6 day adventure. I think both trips go behind the scenes to the same three attractions and to Walt's apartment in the fire station. But the 6 day adventure may offer more perks such as reserved seating for fireworks and more dinners.
Thank you! I'm looking forward to reading your trip report.

Don't worry about Walt's Barn. It is my understanding that it is no longer included in this trip (it wasn't in mine).

Don't worry about Walt's Barn. It is my understanding that it is no longer included in this trip (it wasn't in mine).
Our family went on this Short Escape in October 2019 and did not go to Walt's barn as a part of it. We had a great time on this ABD!

Walt's Barn is definitely worth a visit if you are in the LA area when it is open. However, it's not something I need to visit twice.

ETA: I have decided not to book this trip in 2021. Things are just so up in the air with this virus and I have some concerns with ABD's booking policies. Let's hope we all get through this time and can feel more comfortable planning trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter