Construction at AKL and Sanaa

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
We have a lunch reservation for the weekend after next at Sanaa. Is there still construction going on here that would obstruct our view of the animals? We are coming from.SSR so want to make sure it is worth it to go for lunch. Thanks!

There wasn't two weeks ago when we were there. There was construction going on at Jambo House near the pool but I didn't see any at Kidani Village, at least not from the windows at Sanaa.

There wasn't two weeks ago when we were there. There was construction going on at Jambo House near the pool but I didn't see any at Kidani Village, at least not from the windows at Sanaa.
Great. Thanks!

We are staying at AKL in April. Did you feel that the construction by the pool impacted your enjoyment or the atmosphere?

We are staying at AKL in April. Did you feel that the construction by the pool impacted your enjoyment or the atmosphere?

Not in the least although whether someone else will depends on that individual. They had the walkway along one side of the pool blocked off while they had a crane and people working on the balconies and facade. It wasn't very noisy so that didn't bother me and while we were in the pool or hot tub, we simply were focused on talking to each other and enjoying ourselves. The only real impact was that we had booked a pool view room and I had requested Giraffe Trail so that we'd be close to the elevators down to the pool and Jiko/Boma but that was the area they were working on.

We were there last month, and while the cranes (we saw 4 of them the days we were there) weren't a huge deal, it was a bit of an eyesore. But I agree with the previous post - the cranes were only there to hold people - getting them to the balconies and roofline for sanding and painting and cleaning. So it wasn't noisy or anything like that. Part of me was a little selfish wanting them to not be there - but I do understand it's necessary sometimes to maintain the beautiful exteriors they have at AKL. I don't know for sure, but perhaps by April they'll be done with the work around the pool and you won't need to worry at all!

Have a great trip at our favorite resort!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter