Contact information for runDisney? (Deferring)

habs0nut

Earning My Ears
Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone here as a direct email address for runDisney or can point me in the right direction to talk to someone about deferring this year's Star Wars runs. I'd also appreciate some advice or experiences people have had in the past trying to make this happen.

My wife and I are registered for the 10k and I'm also doing the Half. We're spending a week at WDW after the events. Two weeks ago, we had to rush my mother to the hospital as we thought she was having a stroke. After doing a CT scan and MRI, a large mass was discovered on her brain and emergency surgery was performed to remove the tumour. The pathology results confirmed that she has glioblastoma. She's going to be starting radiation and chemotherapy soon however this is a terminal cancer. We have no idea who much time we have left with her so we are putting off all travel for the foreseeable future.

I called Walt Disney Travel (we booked through them) and I spoke to a CM explaining the situation. I know we're good with canceling the rooms/tickets/meal plan portion as we aren't within the 30 days yet. The CM said unfortunately the race entries are non-refundable and non-transferable so we can't defer. I did expect this answer but was hoping that they have a little bit of wiggle room to do something in certain cases. We're not looking for a refund but we also don't want to lose the money that we've spent on the race entires.

I did send a message through the email form on the runDisney website hoping to get a different result but it's been over a week and I haven't heard anything back. I was just wondering if anyone has had to deal with a similar situation and if there's another route I should be taking.

Thanks

Unfortunately runDisney doesn’t allow deferrals. The best offer they will give is a partial refund via gift card and that’s done on a case by case basis. Emailing is the best course of action. I would try emailing again.

I just wanted to say that I am so sorry about your mom. I lost mine 8 years ago to a glioblastoma multiform as well. She survived 6 years after diagnosis though, so it is possible for people to survive longer than the norm. I hope that is the case for you mom also.

I wanted to give an update on this. A cast member from Disney Sports called me last Friday to find out more about the situation and to let me know that they were looking for a resolution. They asked if I could provide them with a document from the hospital which I was able to get and sent to them yesterday. I received a call just now from them and they wanted to let me know that they were going to take care of everything and are providing us with a full refund.

I actually started to get choked up on the phone when they told me. This is just one more reason why we're a Disney family, they know how to take care of their guests. Thank you all for your help in this and for the support. Our family could use a little bit of that magic right now.

Thanks again!

I wanted to give an update on this. A cast member from Disney Sports called me last Friday to find out more about the situation and to let me know that they were looking for a resolution. They asked if I could provide them with a document from the hospital which I was able to get and sent to them yesterday. I received a call just now from them and they wanted to let me know that they were going to take care of everything and are providing us with a full refund.

I actually started to get choked up on the phone when they told me. This is just one more reason why we're a Disney family, they know how to take care of their guests. Thank you all for your help in this and for the support. Our family could use a little bit of that magic right now.

Thanks again!
I’m glad it worked out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!