Contacting Campers

Jeff Trate

Earning My Ears
I need some ideas as to how my employer can contact my campsite at FtW while I am on vacation. If they call I need to leave the family and return to PA for a few days (unfortunately!). I don't know if I can call the "front desk" or check at the different parks to see if there are any messages.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

They should be able to contact the front desk and a message will be delivered to your site.

Hopefully that won't happen!

Barbara
234 days to go

yes there is a message system that you can dial in to from any "house" phone in the camp grounds and I believe from in the parks. they'll also leave a message at your site if a message is given to the front desk. At least all this was available last time I was there, two years ago.

Hi,

The front desk will get you a message to your camp site, but it will not come quickly. When they get a chance they will slide a note under your windshield wipers. So, you'll need to be on the look out everyday and all day if your expecting a message to appear or you'll need to call the front desk to check for messages. If you need to be able to get a message ASAP I would strongly suggest bringing a cell phone or beeper so the home office will have instant contact with you....

Mmketeer

We receive many phone messages while at FW. We give the front desk number out to many people before we leave, and have never had a bad experience with them. The staff has the message to us, on average, within about 2-3 hours (which is fine with us). We also receive mail from them. My husband even takes the laptop with him and has on occasion, plugged in at the Reception area somewhere (I am not sure of exact location). He complains that the server is slow, but at least available.

Why not get a cellphone???? It will offer you peace of mind, and it won't put you broke either. Most companies give the phone to you, if you sign a 1 year contract, 2 years if you get a digital phone. Sam's Club's and Walmart's have great deals on this service.

A prepaid phone might be another way to go if you don't want a contract and only want a phone during the trip.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter