• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Contemporary Garden View

Saad

Mouseketeer
Looking at Contemporary for late June. Right now all we have left is the Garden View. Is it that secluded? How is the stay? Does it feel like you're even at the Contemporary?

It is just behind and off to the side of the tower. Secluded? 🤷🏼‍♂️ I think that’s subjective. I don’t think it feels any more secluded than being in a room at the Polynesian or any of the non-main buildings at Grand Floridian, but YMMV. It will absolutely feel like you’re in the Contemporary given that all rooms feature the Incredibles themeing. We’re staying at the Contemporary in the Garden Wing in August and really looking forward to it after having stayed in the tower years ago.

Count me in as one who also prefers the Garden Wing! The tower is very loud, IMHO, and the elevators are chaotic. I love being near the lagoon and simply walking to the lobby area, bus stop and MK walking path without having to deal with the tower chaos. OP, if you book and you want a balcony or patio, request 1st or 3rd floor - just a request, but second floor does not have a balcony.

Count me in as one who also prefers the Garden Wing! The tower is very loud, IMHO, and the elevators are chaotic. I love being near the lagoon and simply walking to the lobby area, bus stop and MK walking path without having to deal with the tower chaos. OP, if you book and you want a balcony or patio, request 1st or 3rd floor - just a request, but second floor does not have a balcony.
You are thinking of the Poly. The CR garden wing only has a patio on the 1st floor, the 2nd and 3rd floors only have a sliding door, but no balcony to stand on.

We have previously stayed in the former North Wing Garden View rooms a few times and liked the location.

The rooms are huge and when the kids were little we would always request 1st floor, which has a patio rather than balcony. The kids could head out to the patio and run around.

The wing rooms are very nice and many prefer them over the tower (my mom was one of them). I like both. Staying in the main building is a bit more convenient, but the elevators are a pain IMO and it can be very noisy depending on where your room is located. The wing is much calmer. There used to be two wings (pre-BLT) and we often stayed in one or the other in the 80’s and 90’s. The rooms are exactly the same, except there are no balconies on the upper floors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter