Convert Mall Gift Certificate to Disney $

CarolA

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
For Christmas I received $100 in mall gift certificates. I was wondering if I could go to the Disney store and just buy Disney Dollars with them? Any thoughts on this?

I don't see why you couldn't. A gift certificate should be treated just like cash, and since you could use cash to buy the Disney Dollars you should be able to use the GC. That is a great idea. I wish I had thought of it before I spent my mall GC on something else. Of course, my Disney store just closed, so I won't have that option again.:(

Yep - We take Mall Certificates as payment for Disney Dollars and Passes. The only thing you can't use is Disney Store Gift Cards/Certificates.

Thanks! I think I just saved $100 on my next Disney trip!!

Our local TDS said they have a policy of not accepting mall gift certificates for the purchase of Disney Dollars. I know because I tried with a GC I received for Christmas. I thought all the stores would have the same policy. This was the Paramus store at the GS Plaza.:(

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

When I worked at TDS in the Galleria -Dallas (now closed :( ) we would allow guests to purchase DD with Mall GC's. You might want to call your local store to be sure before you make the trip. Good Luck :)

I went to my Disney store and they took my GC and gave me Disney Dollars. It was easy and it was done by the manager so I don't have any doubts that it was an accepted practice.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter