Coordinating Trip with Son and Friends

drogerstn

DIS Veteran
My son wants to visit WDW with some of his high school friends after graduation. Any suggestions, issues, or comments on coordinating plans and payments with teenagers traveling together would be appreciated. I know this is very general, but I haven't really though about the specifics yet. They might fly and stay at WDW using shuttles, or may drive and could stay on or off site.

My DD and two of her best friends are planning a trip to WDW after their high school graduation. Even though I didn't mind the girls flying to WDW and staying there on their own, one of the girl's moms wasn't comfortable with it, so I'm going too with my best friend. I wouldn't want 3-18 year old girls driving from Missouri to Florida though.

As far as paying for it, we are DVC owners so we are providing a studio at BCV for them to stay in. My friend and I will be in a separate studio. Another girl's parent has 3 parkhopper passes with 2 days left on them and will let the girls use them. I'm sure the third girl will contribute too either air fare for the 3 girls or car rental or something. Because I will be there with them, I'm sure I'll pay for most meals but I don't mind. I'm glad they don't mind me coming with them on their grad trip! These three girls have been good friends since grade school and will be going to 3 different colleges in the fall so I'm glad they will get a chance to do something like this. We'll be there June 1-June 6. In fact, you answered my thread about crowds and gays days.

If you could get a total cost on hotel room, air fare, shuttles, park passes before hand, you could split it equally among the boys. Then they could take turns paying for meals, mini golf, etc. or charge it to their room and split that equally at the end of the stay.

Good luck planning! Maybe you'll get lucky and one of the boys' parents will want an adult to go to!!! LOL!

Donna

Both of these trips sound like fun!

Forvdrogerstn, I would start with ordering the Disney planner. Watch the video and get excited!

Start planning where you want to stay, what the kids want to do, and where they want to eat. Get everyone involved! Assign one person to different tasks, getting info on costs for air, hotel, food, passes, etc. Introduce them to the boards, and wdwig, and any other site you can think of.

Talk about any issues they may encounter for being under 21. How to deal with it and emergencies. Make sure SOMEONE has a credit card that can be used for an emergency (medical visit, car repair if they drive, etc)

Meet every other week or so and get updates and plan the budget. Once the budget is planned, then have frank talks about how they will pay for everything both now and at Disney. Disney dollars are great gifts., If money is tight for anyone, encourage part time jobs or even od jobs around the neighborhood or amongst the families. Have a spring tag sale to help pay for it.

Above all, I hope they have a wonderful, safe trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter