Copper Creek/Boulder Ridge 5ppl/1 bedroom?

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
Is there a reason why Boulder Ridge allows you to book 5 people in a room but Copper Creek does not? I am aware that they do not actually provide a bed/ or bedding but I thought the 1 bedrooms at Copper Creek were actually bigger?

I thought the 1 bedrooms at Copper Creek were actually bigger?
Only the Value 1-bedrooms at AKV are smaller than the CCV 1-bedrooms.

AKV Value 1-bedroom: 629 sq feet
CCV 1-bedroom: 684 sq feet
BRV 1-bedroom: 727 sq feet

4 people in a 1 bedroom at CCV is a big negative. If you have 5 at CCV you either need a 2 bedroom or a cabin.

Note that CCV is a hard limit. BRV doesn't provide a bed for the 5th in a 1BR, either. If you want to sleep 5, you're better off somewhere with 5 beds.

Note that CCV is a hard limit. BRV doesn't provide a bed for the 5th in a 1BR, either. If you want to sleep 5, you're better off somewhere with 5 beds.
Yes, when the refurbishment happens they should add the 5th sleeping surface like the are doing at SSR.

Yes, when the refurbishment happens they should add the 5th sleeping surface like the are doing at SSR.
I doubt that will happen. CCV opened just 3 years ago and if they were going to have a 5th sleeping surface, it would have been included during the conversion from hotel rooms to DVC.

I doubt that will happen. CCV opened just 3 years ago and if they were going to have a 5th sleeping surface, it would have been included during the conversion from hotel rooms to DVC.
I think they were referring to the now postponed BRV refurb.

They can't use the under TV pull down like they've used in other units. The only option would be to cram a sleeper chair between the sofa and wall. They could add the sleeper only to dedicated 1-bedrooms at BRV, but then would have 2 different room configurations under a single booking category.

The 2-bedroom lock-off layouts are totally different between BRV and SSR. At SSR, the connecting door is near the main entry. In BRV, the connecting door is in the living room.

BRV 2-bedroom lock-off floor plan (1-bedroom on left, studio on right). Notice how little space there is around the connecting door on the 1-bedroom side.
wl-floor-plans-clean-2-bedroom-16x9.jpg

Last edited:
DSC03458.JPG
This is the current living room at BRV. You couldn't even put the chairs at the counter under the counter because of the really wide corbels holding up the counter and the television cabinet is wider than the old one.
DSC03485.JPG
There was no ottoman for the side chair and it didn't fit next to the sleeper sofa because there is an end table in that corner.
The drawing Michael has above isn't totally accurate.

Well, the counter is subject to change. Rumor suggests the tile is going, so why not the counter too.

But with the delay, this may be 2015 redux, aka "that was lame."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!