Copper Creek Questions

houseofmouse5

Mouseketeer
I'm very confused we usually like to stay at BWV so we can walk to EPCOT and DS but I decided to take a look at the rooms at CCV, oh my goodness they are stunning! I realize they are completely different types of resorts but I'm thinking we may need to try and stay here.
Please give me the pros and cons of staying at this resort.
How is the transportation to the parks?
How are the pools?
Please help me make up my mind :goodvibes

There are 2 pools, and in my opinion, they are both amazing. We didn’t use the busses at all, but we took the boat to MK and the boat ride is very nice. The boats come pretty frequently, so even if you miss one, it shouldn’t be too long before another comes. We loved the theming of Wilderness Lodge and there’s a bunch to do on the grounds.
I hope this helped!

Just stay there and experience the resort for yourself. We love the lodge but didn't really care for the CCV rooms and the way that they are decorated. Still like BRV better but the rooms are showing their age. The new pool and BR area are beautiful and well done. The cabins are very nice but depending on the units location, it can be a hike to and from the lodge and transportation.

:earsboy: Bill

Hi, we were thinking of staying in a 2 bedroom at CCV-we usually stay in a 1 bedroom at bay lake (like having the 2 bathrooms). The living area of CCV looks small? Anyone know how that compares to the living room of the Bay Lake?

Hi, we were thinking of staying in a 2 bedroom at CCV-we usually stay in a 1 bedroom at bay lake (like having the 2 bathrooms). The living area of CCV looks small? Anyone know how that compares to the living room of the Bay Lake?

The CCV rooms were converted from WL hotel rooms which were some of the smallest deluxe hotel rooms. This means that the living room area is one of the smaller ones for DVC. It is quite a bit smaller than BLT although those vary depending on if you are on the outside of the "C" or the inside of the "C". The outside ring rooms has some of the largest living area.

I'm very confused we usually like to stay at BWV so we can walk to EPCOT and DS but I decided to take a look at the rooms at CCV, oh my goodness they are stunning! I realize they are completely different types of resorts but I'm thinking we may need to try and stay here.
How are the pools?

BWV is hard for any resort to beat for transportation because 2 of the parks are completely under your control if you are able to walk to DHS and Epcot. CCV has boat or bus transportation to MK and bus transportation to Epcot, DHS and AK. Like other MK resorts there can be bus sharing with another resort. There also is boat service to CR and FW so you can easily get to a couple other resorts.

thanks for the info! Now another question, do you know if a 1 bedroom at the Grand Floridian, that living area have more room than CCV?

thanks for the info! Now another question, do you know if a 1 bedroom at the Grand Floridian, that living area have more room than CCV?
Oh, yeah. The GFV one bedroom is luxurious. The kitchen is pretty much separated from the living room, not part of the living space like CCV.

How are the pools?
Pros of CC
- One of the loveliest and best-themed resorts
- New rooms are, well, new with very sleek lines (though not as thematic as I would wish)
- Artist Point: one of the best signatures and perhaps the easiest one to reserve
- New Geyser Point QS is above average and in a gorgeous venue; can see and hear fireworks there
- Boat ride to MK, CR, or FW
- Walk to FW for food, fun, or just exercise (approx. 1 mile each way)
- Bus experience is above average
- Ambiance. . .you feel calmer there after a day in the parks
Cons of CC
- Only close to one park, MK
- New rooms are smaller than most
- Refurb of Roaring Fork was not successful; menu changed dramatically and not for the better
- Some find it a darker resort--lots of wood--but that's part of what we love about it
Pools at WL
- Good overall
- Main pool has slide and splash area
- New Boulder Ridge pool is larger than the old Hidden Springs one, but lacks any real features. The old Hidden Springs pool used to have bubbles and was truly quiet.

Just stay there and experience the resort for yourself. We love the lodge but didn't really care for the CCV rooms and the way that they are decorated. Still like BRV better but the rooms are showing their age. The new pool and BR area are beautiful and well done. The cabins are very nice but depending on the units location, it can be a hike to and from the lodge and transportation.

Bill, I haven't stayed there but weren't those rooms just refurb'd a few years ago?

Wow! Needing work in just 3 years - not good.

What I've found is that every resort has rooms that need working on - some even right after refurbs but it doesn't mean they all are the same. Occupants can sometimes be tough on the rooms. I'm not certain what the issues were in Bill's room though.

Bill, I haven't stayed there but weren't those rooms just refurb'd a few years ago?

Sofa was worn, sofa bed mattress was in bad shape and they brought a new one. Dishwasher was broken and the the light above the kitchen which doesn't have much lighting anyway had burned out bulbs. A long ladder and two guys replaced the bulbs, the dishwasher was repaired all in short order with 6 CM's involved. One noticeable issue is that the electrical receptacles have loose contacts and do not make good contact with the blades on the plugs. The GFCI behind the night stand popped for no apparent reason and the dust and hair behind the night stand had been there for awhile. Windows needed a good cleaning and the new wood floor was less slippery than CCV which IMO is a potential hazard.

Sofa was worn, sofa bed mattress was in bad shape and they brought a new one. Dishwasher was broken and the the light above the kitchen which doesn't have much lighting anyway had burned out bulbs. A long ladder and two guys replaced the bulbs, the dishwasher was repaired all in short order with 6 CM's involved. One noticeable issue is that the electrical receptacles have loose contacts and do not make good contact with the blades on the plugs. The GFCI behind the night stand popped for no apparent reason and the dust and hair behind the night stand had been there for awhile. Windows needed a good cleaning and the new wood floor was less slippery than CCV which IMO is a potential hazard.

From the start I thought that sofa material was a cheaper grade and wouldn't wear well.

We had a similar issue with an outlet at SSR a few years ago and maintenance came to fix it. The wiring had come loose - of course a potential fire hazard. We had that happen in our house too - DH was thankfully in the room when it started smoking!

From the start I thought that sofa material was a cheaper grade and wouldn't wear well.

We had a similar issue with an outlet at SSR a few years ago and maintenance came to fix it. The wiring had come loose - of course a potential fire hazard. We had that happen in our house too - DH was thankfully in the room when it started smoking!

This wasn't a wiring issue, the inside of the receptacle is just worn out and doesn't grab the plug blades. Yes it could be a fire hazard, they have been in service for 25 years.

This wasn't a wiring issue, the inside of the receptacle is just worn out and doesn't grab the plug blades. Yes it could be a fire hazard, they have been in service for 25 years.

BRV electrical outlets? It was just opened around 2000, so not 25 years. Unless you are talking about CC.

We've experienced this several times now at various DVC resorts. Our most recent stay (last week) at VWL included a couple of outlets that were just "too loose" and wouldn't work unless you physically held the plug into the outlet. There are a lot of outlets in the units so I haven't worried about it too much, but I guess I should alert maintenance next time before I leave.

I was at CCV a few weeks ago and I have a lot of pictures, but I'm not able to post them as they are too large. I tried to compress them but they still didn't work. Is there a thread that helps with this? I would love to post some pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter