• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coral Reef and 1600 Park Fare

belle2594

Goofynut4real
Coral Reef was a great resturaunt, maybe we just aren't picky enough because, we did not find hardly any resturaunts that were not great at Disney. We were on the dining plan and received excellent service with a table right in front of the tank. (Not on the tank but right in front facing the tank) My two DD's loved it, and the food was delicious. My husband had the blackened catfish with grits. He thought it was excellent and the grits really brought out the flavor of the fish. I had the steak it was the best steak I had had at Disney so far, but we have not gone to any specific steak houses there. My oldest dd had the salmon for her first time and she loved it. Now for those f you on the dining plan with little ones looking at the menu at wdwig.com before you go is a good idea so that you know what they will eat. My youngest dd(7) had went to Coral reef with the intention of getting the pasta because, that is what she decided from looking at the menu at home. (Like most of you I was worried about the limited selection for dining plan kids but I found most resturaunts also offered a kid's special) and that night the kid's special was steak so she got to eatjust like mommy. She also loved the idea of building her own sundae with Mickey shaped sprinkles. My husband had the butterscotch crem brulee and loved it. Oldest dd had the cheesecake and I had the most delicious chocolate wave. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. It was a wonderful resturaunt. I did notice that people were always going right up to the tank to take pictures and that must have been a bit disruptive to the people sitting right on the tank, so I thought our seats were better than the ones right on the tank.

1900 Park fare

The buffet is much better than most. I thought it was a definite step above Chef Mickey's. You see Cinderrella, Perla, Susy, Prince Charming, and Fairy God Mother. Prince Charming had business to attend to so we were blessed to have Aurora visiting the night we went. We have been to the Castle and found that Cinderella was much more attentive here and our dd(7) had a better experience here. When we had went to the castle a couple of years before she was so excited to meet Cindy and was disappointed when Cindy barely stayed long enough for a pcture and to sign her autograph. It is hard to explain to a 5 year old why Cinderella couldn't talk to her more, but at 1900 park fare she asked her what parks she had been to and all types of other questions. DD was definitely beaming by the end of the
dinner. princess: If you want to see Cindy and this is definitely a good option!!

Thanks for the reviews. Did you happen to try the strawberry soup at 1900 Park Fare?

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

My husband did try the strawberry soup and he loved it!! Cold fruity soup is not something that we would find normal and he was the only one willing to try it. He had two bowls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter