Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

Scott at The DCL Blog expecting the next cancellation announcement not to include the Europe dates, which sounds crazy.

It does sound crazy. And I am ready for a refund. But it seems Disney is taking this in small pieces. So its either take the credit or you are along for the ride

Exactly. It may help them get through this rough water.
I actually think that DCL is probably rethinking it's whole deployment strategy. If they create new itineraries, then those need to be ready to go to offer a "switch".

That being said, at least for the Med cruises, most people were going because it was going to the Greek Isles, so I am guessing that most of those folks would either move to 2021 if they can or refund...

I actually think that DCL is probably rethinking it's whole deployment strategy. If they create new itineraries, then those need to be ready to go to offer a "switch".

That being said, at least for the Med cruises, most people were going because it was going to the Greek Isles, so I am guessing that most of those folks would either move to 2021 if they can or refund...

I find it hard to imagine totally new itineraries. We are on a 4 night on the Magic on 4/30 because of the stop in Key West vs the similar 4 nights on the dream that are just nassau. That's what we will probably switch to if later May if they are sailing then but I'd love for them to keep the Magic in Miami and continue those Key West cruises another month if they aren't taking the ship to Europe in May. But it's got to be too late for that kind of thing, the ship would sail nearly empty

I see that they might be in rough water, but so are many of their customers for whom a refund could provide ease and comfort.

I see my very bad pun didn't work. It was in response to another pun (intentional or not) that disney was "floating"the money. But, obviously, if I have to explain it, then it was a real loser.

I agree. If they know they aint sailing, the money should be going back to customers. We don't have billions of dollars and government bailouts. Companies the size of Disney should have had high amounts of cash reserve on hand for the unthinkable. But investors don't like it, and companies know bailouts will be on the way in market meltdowns, so they have no incentive to keep high cash reserves.

I see my very bad pun didn't work. It was in response to another pun (intentional or not) that disney was "floating"the money. But, obviously, if I have to explain it, then it was a real loser.

I agree. If they know they aint sailing, the money should be going back to customers. We don't have billions of dollars and government bailouts. Companies the size of Disney should have had high amounts of cash reserve on hand for the unthinkable. But investors don't like it, and companies know bailouts will be on the way in market meltdowns, so they have no incentive to keep high cash reserves.
Sorry my sense of humour is off -and it’s only day 8 of isolation 😆

Sorry my sense of humour is off -and it’s only day 8 of isolation 😆
This is day 11!

Look at you lucky ducks! I'm on day 14! :bored: Things are actually barely even slowing down over here though.. I'm in IT and every day policies for work are changing gears. We still dont have every worker squared away for the long haul of WFH...! At least the long silence from Disney means I can focus on that...?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!