Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

Are people saying they won't wear a mask because they think it is uncomfortable, ineffective or both?

I am 100% pro-mask use and think they are necessary in public spaces.....and with that I wont go on vacation while needing to wear them. Wearing them the hour a day I need to now is uncomfortable (my migraines are way more frequent now and they get triggered when I’m warm or not getting “air”). Even though I‘m not comfortable I wear them because groceries and work are a necessity and the majority of our time is spent at home mask-free.
Spending thousands to be uncomfortable for the much higher time I’d be in public and dealing with a young child‘s mask is a not how I want to spend my vacation.
That said I don’t view the mask as the problem, it’s the virus that makes the mask necessary that’s the problem. If anyone said “no mask needed” Id still be in the no camp because the virus risk is still high.

Any guesstimates on when Disney might make an official decision regarding those early August cruises? I would assume there is some minimum lead time they need..

Any guesstimates on when Disney might make an official decision regarding those early August cruises? I would assume there is some minimum lead time they need..
The last big round of cancellations (exempting Vancouver based cruises which had to be cancelled due to Canada's restrictions) was on May 13th for basically all the July cruises(?) That was over 3 weeks ago. So I hope they will decide on the August cruises in the coming week, maybe two weeks.

I would say at the end of the month.
That lifeguard LinkedIn posting is VERY interesting though....

What other signs have you seen?

Nothing really big, I'm booked on September 2020 European cruise and keeping a close watch on things.

Disney only cancelled the Alaska cruises in the latest rolling cancellations, they didn't cancel any other August cruises.

But the lifeguard position didn't say for when. It's possible they are putting in the request early because it's a hard one to fill. Or, it's possible they need a lifeguard for the staff on the island. Or it's possible they will be opening CC to Abaco locals for day trips (at a price) to make some money from it. Or, it's possible the position isn't going to be filled until Oct, but they want a bunch of resumes to vet.

I put up job positing for my company and don't hire or freeze the position; things change, I wouldn't take that as the gospel. Want a bad sign? I had a late September cruise on the Dream, I have emailed and emailed the events people at DCL to do a special meet and greet paid event with my Facebook group.............no response. Mixology to set up..............no response. Maybe they are waiting till mid July, who knows. But DCL is at the mercy of the CDC...............you all saw their school suggestions from the CDC......right? I don't think cruise ships will get any less than schools.

If you read this you will understand why we still are far off from cruising

I read it. It doesn’t indicate to me we’re far off from cruising. 3 major cruise lines already have re-start dates and 2 European river cruise companies have already started their first cruise. The only thing preventing cruises is the CDC’s big beak which nobody can predict but for some reason we all accept without question. Time to start pushing back.

I put up job positing for my company and don't hire or freeze the position; things change, I wouldn't take that as the gospel. Want a bad sign? I had a late September cruise on the Dream, I have emailed and emailed the events people at DCL to do a special meet and greet paid event with my Facebook group.............no response. Mixology to set up..............no response.
This is not unheard of, and that was before Covid 19.

I read it. It doesn’t indicate to me we’re far off from cruising. 3 major cruise lines already have re-start dates and 2 European river cruise companies have already started their first cruise. The only thing preventing cruises is the CDC’s big beak which nobody can predict but for some reason we all accept without question. Time to start pushing back.

"The industry is hoping to resume cruises — with passengers on them — as early as this summer. But the plans now being finalized don’t apply to passenger cruises. Cetron said the CDC has not begun to review plans for how to safely operate cruises prior to development of a vaccine. "

Pushing back how? Why? My office is reopening this month and I'm like...no thanks, I'll keep working from home. Our state's case numbers are rising and the governor's response is to push forward with reopening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter