Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

Can confirm a lot of crew on the Magic had their contracts terminated early this week.

Thats to be expected. They were probably all the ones whose contract was ending before the scheduled Transatlantic on May 11. There is a whole load who have a contract starting on May 11 for The Magic summer season in Europe.

And a lot of crew who might be coming in... Where are they now? Because you may not be able to get them in, and they will require a 14 day quarantine if they pass through airports.

Thats to be expected. They were probably all the ones whose contract was ending before the scheduled Transatlantic on May 11. There is a whole load who have a contract starting on May 11 for The Magic summer season in Europe.

do we not still expect the magic to be in Europe at some point over the summer

You might. I don't. Not sure about "we."
I don't either. I think Europe will be fine for the second half of the season, but we won't allow US citizens to enter because it's going to blow up there. I don't think Disney will be able to fill the ship without Americans

Nobody knows. If it does go over, I wouldn't expect it before mid-late July. That's 4 mths away, who knows what the world will be like then! I'm trying to be optimistic with the hope that there will be a treatment that works by then...mainly due to the number of scientists actually working on the issue around the world. As an example, Boston University has a level 4 biolab and just got their hands on the live virus, so they're starting to look for treatments that might work--this is happening in multiple locations.

(While we don't have a European cruise this summer, we do have a Disney World and Disney Dream cruise in late July/early August that I'm hoping will happen! My mid-April vacation at Disney World, I've accepted will be cancelled...but I just can't pull the plug on it yet...booked with DVC pts and it'll be better for us if Disney actually acknowledges they're shut down then.)

If Carnival also extends to 5/12 then we can expect the same time frame from DCL. As for the announcement...who knows when they’ll let us know. It has to be coming soon though!

All cruise lines will be forced to extend it. Countries are denying entry. Essentially you'd be going on a cruise to nowhere

We were booked on the 8/5 Northern Europe cruise, but cancelled it for health concerns and financial reasons.

However, I am seriously beginning to doubt the feasibility of the trip taking place in the original way that we envisioned it. Even if the cruise actually sails, what will the ports be like? Will some of them be under quarantine at that time? That's an expensive "trip of a lifetime" kind of trip (for us) to be taking to not get the full experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!