coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurphym

Earning My Ears
we're 30 days out from our next stay. have a gut feeling that Disneyworld will be closed by then due to the virus. hope i'm wrong

Why did they close the other 3 Disney parks ? Because just having extra hand sanitizer isn’t cutting it. Can’t be mindful if a virus.

I went to the hospital 2x this year to visit someone, each time 30 days apart and both times I caught a terrible stomach virus where I was throwing up violently the very next day

I remember on 9/11 i grabbed the first face mask I could find that morning and didn’t take it off while anywhere near ground zero, meanwhile the head of the EPA, former NJ Governor Christine Whitman said the air was fine, safe, no worries. I still haven’t seen her at any of my friends and co workers funerals that died of 911 related cancers

We leave tomorrow to go down to WDW. I doubt they will close anytime soon, but if it gets that bad everywhere you may not WANT to be at WDW. We have another trip booked for the end of May to WDW and then one in November. We have already decided the May trip very well may not happen, but hoping things die down or get a little better by the November trip. Good luck, stay healthy!

I hope i'm wrong, but since so many from all over the world come to Disneyworld, they may feel that they have a responsibility to close to prevent the spread of the virus.

Can't say WDW will NEVER close! Disney Tokyo is closing at least til mid-March beginning tomorrow. If it gets bad in this country, there may be schools as well as large gatherings being forced to close. At this point no one really knows what the next several months will bring.

We are not fearmongering, but we have decided to cancel out 10 day WDW trip for mid April. Thinking of so many international guests there as well as the usual sicknesses that huge gatherings can have (people that have admitted going with fevers, or dragging their sick children into the parks) we don't feel the need to go at this time - we can always reschedule at a later date - just making decisions to do what is best for us as we couldn't fully enjoy our time there now - no judgements on any decisions others make.

Regardless of whether Walt Disney World has to close or not, I think it is going to take a big hit this year due to folks being afraid to travel. If folks become afraid to travel to WDW and Universal, that is going to cause a major impact on Florida's economy. We're already seeing the wild behavior of the stock market in response to the virus. I'm afraid we're going to see a year with some serious economic impacts overall. Of course, that is nowhere near as important as the lives involved, but it's still troubling none-the-less.

I’m coming to terms with the fact that our April trip is a no go, it’s not worth the risk. WDW is a global destination, the chances that the virus is there, even now, are extremely high. Canceling sucks but I’m not willing to take the risk, I’ll rebook and hope for the best. I couldn’t live with myself if we went and someone in my family got it.

I’m coming to terms with the fact that our April trip is a no go, it’s not worth the risk. WDW is a global destination, the chances that the virus is there, even now, are extremely high. Canceling sucks but I’m not willing to take the risk, I’ll rebook and hope for the best. I couldn’t live with myself if we went and someone in my family got it.
We are supposed to be flying there for our March break trip in a couple weeks. Sadly, we will be cancelling too. Was so looking forward to this trip, got all our FP+s even for FOP, Smugglers Run and MMRR. After news tonight that there are two cases in Florida already, it is without a doubt the right choice for my family.

Last edited:
We are supposed to be flying there for our March break trip in a couple weeks. Sadly, we will be cancelling too. Was so looking forward to this trip, got all our FP+s even for FOP, Smugglers Run and MMRA. After news tonight that there are two cases in Florida already, it is without a doubt the right choice for my family.
You know, we could totally be overreacting and just scared, but if you feel that it’s the right decision then hands down, it’s the right decision. WDW will be there when this thing passes. Why spend all that money and worry the whole time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter