Costco questions

Ok, so,assuming you can use Disney Gift cards, can you use multiple credit cards for payments? For example, could I make the down payment with a Visa card, then make a payment with Disney GC and a payment with MasterCard?

Yes.

You just get on the webpage and pay the amount on each card (except the gift cards, you have to call).

We've always just booked directly with DCL--and at first Costco sounds very tempting to do for our next OBC when we cruise next month, especially since we're executive members. But I don't know that I care for having to wait until travel to get the cash card. And then once we have it, only able to use it at Costco (although I suppose you could put money towards future cruise?).

The TA route, however, seems more personable, and when we've booked a WDW vacation, we did enjoy all the extra little perks the TA threw in. I know my parents TA gives them a ton of extra OBC since they've been loyal repeat customers. And I tend to feel more secure knowing that I can call so-and-so and ask if such-n-such has been added to our account/request made and build a trusting relationship, whereas with Costco, you have to trust that messages get passed on and completed, with no real person to take accountability (I know that a lot of people on the board use Costco and are very happy, this is just my opinion and neuroses :P).

So, I'm not clear on who I'd use at this time either! Although I do have a question: can I name a TA when making an OBB if I didn't use a TA for the cruise I'm currently on?

There is very little that you need to go through Costco for. You can also use the Cash Card at Costco.com. For me getting a cash card for 3 or 4 times the amount another TA would give me makes is the best deal out there. At 8.5% they give you way more back.

I am a compulsive planner. I usually email DCL my preferences for seating, dining rotations, birthdays, etc and have never had an issue when my reservation was transferred to Costco.

There is very little that you need to go through Costco for. You can also use the Cash Card at Costco.com. For me getting a cash card for 3 or 4 times the amount another TA would give me makes is the best deal out there. At 8.5% they give you way more back.

I am a compulsive planner. I usually email DCL my preferences for seating, dining rotations, birthdays, etc and have never had an issue when my reservation was transferred to Costco.
Good to know. We are considering our first cruise and looking at all the angles.

I like Costco since you never have to talk to anyone. I just do everything online. No calling and waiting on hold. Calling someone on the phone seems so 20th century.

We've always just booked directly with DCL--and at first Costco sounds very tempting to do for our next OBC when we cruise next month, especially since we're executive members. But I don't know that I care for having to wait until travel to get the cash card. And then once we have it, only able to use it at Costco (although I suppose you could put money towards future cruise?).

My Costco lets me cash out the cards, so essentially money back after the cruise. Not sure if all warehouses will do this so YMMV.

Since Costco only takes Visa, is Costco travel restricted or do they take AMEX & Discover too?

Costco Travel accepts all credit cards.

Although I do have a question: can I name a TA when making an OBB if I didn't use a TA for the cruise I'm currently on?

No, you may only name a TA to an OBB if that same TA handled your current cruise. You have 30 days to transfer, so it can be moved as soon as you get home.

Enjoy your cruise!

Since Costco only takes Visa, is Costco travel restricted or do they take AMEX & Discover too?

I just checked my booking, they will take
mastercardLogo.gif
as well. Strange the stores only take Visa but the travel side takes
mastercardLogo.gif
too.....

My Costco lets me cash out the cards, so essentially money back after the cruise. Not sure if all warehouses will do this so YMMV.

Costco Travel accepts all credit cards.

Their website says only Visa and MC.

Does anyone know if the 2% Executive reward is in addition to the cashback already listed for the cruise?

Does anyone know if the 2% Executive reward is in addition to the cashback already listed for the cruise?

Yes, for travel after Sept. 1 (it's not clear to me if the booking has to be made after 9/1, but I assume so). It would be added to the amount you'd already receive as a check for an annual rebate on all your spending.

Yes, for travel after Sept. 1 (it's not clear to me if the booking has to be made after 9/1, but I assume so). It would be added to the amount you'd already receive as a check for an annual rebate on all your spending.
Yeah, I wondered about that, too. It might actually be for travel taken after Sept. 1. Not sure, either.

The travel has to be after 9/1. The booking probably has to be, too. You can call and ask.

I have a reservation set for May and asked about upgrading my membership now to executive and got this.......Costco Member Services Team. I am glad to hear of your interest in upgrading your Costco membership.

Yes, you would earn the 2% rewards towards any Costco purchases made in the warehouse or online at Costco.com the day you upgrade as well as earn any 2% rewards for any travel reservations booked for September 1 and after.

Costco told me no, so YMMV.
Incorrect! I just paid my balance off last week with $500 gift cards that I purchased at Office Max with my Ink card.... 5UR points for every $1 + 8.5% Costco cash card + 2% Costco exec bonus + onboard booking credit and onboard booking discount folks... ;) maximize your success!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter