Costco questions

Incorrect! I just paid my balance off last week with $500 gift cards that I purchased at Office Max with my Ink card.... 5UR points for $1 + 8.5% Costco cash card + 2% Costco exec bonus + onboard booking credit and onboard booking discount folks... ;) maximize your success!!!
Yes! Vacation goals!

We booked onboard with DCL and then transferred to Costco. Would we be eligible for the Executive Rebate, or not?

FYI, Costco also has some nice excursion deals/packages that are worth looking into as an alternative to booking with Disney. There are some comparable activities that are cheaper and allow you get more of that Executive 2% cash back. Current promo running now, use code COSTSHRX for additional discounts.

Last edited:

Incorrect! I just paid my balance off last week with $500 gift cards that I purchased at Office Max with my Ink card.... 5UR points for every $1 + 8.5% Costco cash card + 2% Costco exec bonus + onboard booking credit and onboard booking discount folks... ;) maximize your success!!!

Ok - so I did the math. Based on the "retail" rate at the time of booking (Dec 2016) and the value of chase UR points at 2.2 cents each (https://thepointsguy.com/2017/05/may-2017-monthly-valuations/)

My total percentage savings, if I subtract all the value I am getting from points, exec bonus, onboard credits, cash card and onboard booking discount is:

26.38%

Probably could do better, but I'll take it! Bottom line: Costco rocks.

FYI, Costco also has some nice excursion deals/packages that are worth looking into as an alternative to booking with Disney. There are some comparable activities that are cheaper and allow you get more of that Executive 2% cash back. Current promo running now, use code COSTSHRX for additional discounts.
Which section on the Costco page has excursions under it?

Each time I have made a payment over the phone I have received an email showing my balance, and the links to the insurance and the excursions are included in those emails.

I have a reservation set for May and asked about upgrading my membership now to executive and got this.......Costco Member Services Team. I am glad to hear of your interest in upgrading your Costco membership.

Yes, you would earn the 2% rewards towards any Costco purchases made in the warehouse or online at Costco.com the day you upgrade as well as earn any 2% rewards for any travel reservations booked for September 1 and after.

So now I am wondering if the booking has to be after the membership upgrade date. I upgraded in July and already had two bookings for cruises in 2018.

I am hoping for the 2% on the final payments, at least.

I just called and they told me if the sailing is after Sept 1, 2017, you get the 2% on the whole cruise value that you paid. For those of you in Canada, paying in USD to the Canadian Costco, the person I spoke to said they will take the USD dollar value, convert it to Canadian and give you 2% on that amount.

Of course, unlike the cashback gift cards, this 2% goes on that check you get in Dec. for the year. Still, it will definitely pay for the Executive membership.

Also, don't forget, your rental car, if booked through Costco, will give you a 2% cashback.

I book through Costco for the giftcard and have paid with many different cards including Disney Visa and rewards MC. Never had a problem except that on my current reservation I entered my Castaway Club number when booking but when I checked the Disney website it had my check-in date at 75 days out. Easily remedied by a call to Disney.

So now I am wondering if the booking has to be after the membership upgrade date. I upgraded in July and already had two bookings for cruises in 2018.

I am hoping for the 2% on the final payments, at least.

I asked just that.....

My name is XXXXXXX and I'm with the Costco Member Services Team.

Yes, so long as you are an executive member when you begin your cruise, you will earn the 2% reward.

Please let me know if you have any further questions I may assist with.

Sincerely,
Member Service Center
Costco Wholesale Corporation

OK, thanks. Just to be clear..... I have a cruise booked for May 2018. If I upgrade to executive today then the 2% reward would apply to that?

I asked just that.....

My name is XXXXXXX and I'm with the Costco Member Services Team.

Yes, so long as you are an executive member when you begin your cruise, you will earn the 2% reward.

Please let me know if you have any further questions I may assist with.

Sincerely,
Member Service Center
Costco Wholesale Corporation

OK, thanks. Just to be clear..... I have a cruise booked for May 2018. If I upgrade to executive today then the 2% reward would apply to that?

Awesome Thanks, seems like a no brainer now to save ~10% off a cruise...

Yes I can verify I've used disney gift cards on a number of cruises and just did my PIF last week. The whole gift card process is better now that you can combine Disney Gift Cards online so that you're only reading a couple of gift card numbers over the phone with Costco instead of the past when I had to read off card after card at $50 increments.

And yes I can verify that the Costco Gift Card can be reimbursed for cash too after the cruise so that you don't "miss out" on the 2% savings on regular costco purchases.

Awesome Thanks, seems like a no brainer now to save ~10% off a cruise...

Yes I can verify I've used disney gift cards on a number of cruises and just did my PIF last week. The whole gift card process is better now that you can combine Disney Gift Cards online so that you're only reading a couple of gift card numbers over the phone with Costco instead of the past when I had to read off card after card at $50 increments.

And yes I can verify that the Costco Gift Card can be reimbursed for cash too after the cruise so that you don't "miss out" on the 2% savings on regular costco purchases.
Wait, don't you get the 2% in-store on anything you purchase no matter how you pay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter