Could PSD be called Free Dining???

sharonabe

DIS Veteran
I have a FB friend who is more of an acquaintance and they are a travel consultant. When the PSD was announced, they posted about it, but said "free dining plans" were available. I thought the PSD was adults paying child prices. So, is my friend misleading possible clients?

55% off dining plan.

See the Stay, Plan, Dine Calculation thread in "The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates" [sorry I can't post links]

Thanks for the link and the mathematical break down.

55% is definitely not free. This info makes their claim even more disturbing. Why would someone do that?

55% is definitely not free. This info makes their claim even more disturbing. Why would someone do that?

I don't understand that either. My guess is they know that free dining gets people more excited than SPD does. They probably assume people won't check the math but that's still false advertising.

With the resort portion of the discount being so variable it is possible with only 1 or 2 adults in a room and the right resort dates at a Deluxe level resort that it could coincidentally appear to be free but that's not how the math works. For 99.9% of people booking it will not be a better deal than free dining.

Shouldn't you be asking them? If it bothers you tell them, they are your friend/acquaintance/one of your close personal 800 facebook friends;) I guess you can assume that they misunderstood or they're being deceitful.

Shouldn't you be asking them? If it bothers you tell them, they are your friend/acquaintance/one of your close personal 800 facebook friends;) I guess you can assume that they misunderstood or they're being deceitful.

I thought about it, but wanted to be sure I understood what the discount was first AND that there wasn't some other free dining discount out there.

NO!

By my calculations for my stay at Pop next February for two adults (calculating the room as if I took the room only discount and I bought my park ticket from Undercover Tourist), the food portion of SPD was about $44 per day. No bargain there!

Last year when I made the same assumptions to compare room only to "free" dining, the food portion was around $22 per day.

I took the free dining last year. Room only this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter