Could We See A New Water Park

Big_Swole23

Earning My Ears
Hey all, So i've read some discussions on this topic and if its already a thread i'm sorry. I absolutely love water parks and what they bring, I think i love them so much because i'm from the DMV and most of our weather is absolute crap and the few hours at a water park is like paradise. But so with the other company up I-4 knocking on the door of everything that Disney has, is and will do, and their new awesome Volcano Bay literally killing the water park game do you think that Disney is concerned? Volcano Bay is so popular they reach capacity almost everyday and they have changed the game with the taputapu. The theming is great with high-tech rides and exciting new options with slides and the lazy river and this is all on limited land.

Now i guess what i'm thinking is first is Disney interested in these details with Volcano Bay and these new technology to bring to Disney, are they willing to answer Universal with their own version. My wish would be Disney taking their knowledge of immersion and story but add a new exciting tech water park to compete with Volcano Bay. I don't really want to see Disney going in and adding a slide or two to their existing water parks, now i say this because the times i've been to either Typoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach we have done all the rides and ate in 3 hours. If you add a slide or ride here and there yeah it gives us more but its not a all day thing and its kinda like a short term fix. I could totally seeing a great story water park with 30+ rides/slides and a bunch of dining options with the park open at night. Thats a super cool feeling and a totally different experience to ride something day vs night. Now i don't see an entire IP holding this story but if Moana did better box office wise i think that could of been argued. I guess what it would come down to is if they were going to make a whole new experience they would have to take out one of the parks.

Im interested in what you guys think and i know replacing things with new things people get weary but i believe almost anything can be replaced if the new lives up to the old thing and is better. I would like hear what you would think good park ideas or rides and that such. Thanks for your'e time

Volcano Bay does seem to be killing it, don't they want more people staying more days?

Most people aren't going to add an extra day to go a second water park. A third water park would only make sense if the other two are routinely over crowded.

Most people aren't going to add an extra day to go a second water park. A third water park would only make sense if the other two are routinely over crowded.
It makes more sense to add on to the existing ones like they've done with TL

I was more speculating about if they added a new over the top park. I enjoy TL and BB, but they're not mind blowing like when they opened. I mean TL opened when I was a kid, and it was amazing! That's been a long time.

i think disney is more than content with having two water parks, they're still the top-rated water parks in the world and typhoon lagoon just added miss adventure falls. volcano bay is popular, but it's still ironing out the kinks from its opening and i don't think it'll threaten disney as much as the wizarding world did when it first opened. but disney's and universal's net gain profits have been shifting lately, so who knows?

Disney had a 3rd water park, River Country..but they closed it for a refurb before 9/11 and decided they no longer needed the 3rd park.

The past few years, DVC ticket promos have included "free" water park admission, last year it was on hoppers, and this year it's on AP's...so I am guessing that they want more guests in the 2 existing parks.

Although I had 1 afternoon last month where TL parking was full, they were directing all guests to park at DS..I decided to go to BB if TL was that crowed. I wonder how many of those phase 1 closures the water parks get?

With rising park ticket prices, many people may be avoiding the add-on water parks.

It is also the general potential 5th gate issue. Most people only have 1 week vacations, so they can only buy tickets for so many parks.

I don't expect to see a third water park anytime soon, but I can see some big changes coming to one/both of the current parks which may include new slides, new tech, more dining etc. Disney is definitely watching Volcano Bay very carefully though, and is certainly aware is reaching capacity most days (although it is not getting phenomenal reviews tbh). They will no doubt take the competition into consideration when deciding on future water park enhancements.

I don't expect to see a third water park anytime soon, but I can see some big changes coming to one/both of the current parks which may include new slides, new tech, more dining etc. Disney is definitely watching Volcano Bay very carefully though, and is certainly aware is reaching capacity most days (although it is not getting phenomenal reviews tbh). They will no doubt take the competition into consideration when deciding on future water park enhancements.

Yeah, I'm sure Disney is watching, i guess its all wishful thinking but i would love to see what the imagineers could do with all the advancements in technology. I can totally see them redoing one of the existing to add more but sometimes I would like to see what they can do with a blank canvas. I really like the theming of both disneys water parks but like i said i can go through and be done in a half day or less and i just believe theres a market for an all day water park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter