Countdown Calendars

PapaLR

Earning My Ears
Just curious - has anyone ever seen a Disney countdown calendar available? Something like the countdown to Christmas calendars. Thought that would be cool for the DGS. (I think Papa might need one too!!!)

I made my own last year using the calendar in word and pasting in clip art from the web that I found...

but I am not sure that there are any commericially made out there...

A little different...but same idea. I cut strips of yellow, red and black paper for my DS' to make a paper chain. I numbered them afterwards with a marker(46 left :cool1: )and they put little mickey stickers and mickey tape on the chain. Each day they look forward to seeing it shrink!! It only cost about $4 to make. By the way, we went by weeks until we hit 100 days, so you could go by weeks, months, etc until you want to get down to a number that you like for days.

agoofylover

I make a cool disney background using stuff from the scrapbook store and place a pad of post its on it, counting down the days!

I printed a Disney calendar page on the Disney site for last April (the month we would have gone.) Then I got a small Mickey head paper punch, and punched enough Mickeys out of black paper for every day of the month until we were to leave. I ran the Mickeys through my Xyron to make them into stickers on a strip, and DS5 would put one Mickey on the calendar day each morning.

We had to cancel that trip, but I'm doing the same for our upcoming September trip.

You guys are way to creative for me! I was looking for an easy way out - sounds like I need to get alittle "crafty"!

You could also get a tiny Mickey stamp and an ink pad, something small enough to fit within a calendar day square... Easy! :)

Is there a Michaels craft store nearby? They have some cute (tiny!) Disney stamps, though I think they come in a set of 6. On the plus side, I think they come with a little ink pad, too.

Alex2Kmommy - Thanks for the good ideas. I'll go by the Michaels in Lynnwood on the way home and check out the Mickey stamps. Might be just the answer, especially with the link to the calendar that you provide on the other thread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter