Countdown Traditions

DizneyKrazed

Mouseketeer
For every trip my family creates a "Disney Box" which is usually just a shoebox covered in construction paper and decorated with Disney pictures. Everyday we throw our spare change or dollar bills (if we're feeling generous!) into the box, and about a week before the trip we sit together and roll up all the change.

Also, we make a "Countdown Chain" out of colored construction paper, and rip off a link of the chain everyday until the day we leave. It's a great way to look forward to the trip, and you don't get a chance to forget you're going (not that I'm sure any of us do anyway!)

Does your family have any pre-Disney trip traditions? Just curious if there's anyone else who does silly little things like us :scratchin

Our countdown has reached 12 days and I am looking for a way to add to the excitement and have some countdown fun with DW, DS(9) and DDS (twins 6). Thanks for sharing your tradition.

My kids adore those Christmas Countdown Calendars, with the candy inside. So for our last trip, I created one for a countdown to Disney. I drew a map of MK, printed pics of 30 different attractions/landmarks, and glued them on the map. Then, I taped a Hershey Kiss over the picture. They had so much fun finding out which picture was underneath...and then eating the candy :tongue: , and then getting excited as we neared #1.

We're not going until October, but my older kids are already begging me to do them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter