Countertop Toaster/Convection Oven/Air Fryer Type Device

OrangeBirdGirl

DIS Veteran
Hopefully someone could help me out on buying a housewarming gift. My little cousin just bought his first home (starter home not gourmet kitchen home) and he is not much of a cook and he has no intentions of actually cooking meals. He's single so no one to cook for him either. He likes to eat stuff such as chicken patties or frozen pizza. I was thinking of getting him something to make that sort of stuff in. I do not have anything like that so I am at a loss of what to shop for. We have an air fryer and we like it for french fries/onion rings so I thought that could be a good idea as it could probably heat up the frozen foods he likes. But our air fryer is an egg shaped device and I've seen some that look like toaster ovens, which I think would be better.

Budget around $150 or under. Any recommendations? I am looking at at the Ninja Foodi Digital Air Fry Oven as that is around the price range at Kohl's with the 30% off (might be around that price elsewhere too I just haven't checked best price until I know what I am looking for). Some of the devices I am seeing seem like that would not be large enough to fit a standard size round frozen pizza in and I'm sure that is something he'd want to use it for. But I want it to be more versatile than just a pizza oven as he likely won't have a lot of kitchen gadgets.

Thanks in advance!

We bought the emril air fryer 360 at kohls.com about a month ago. We are really liking it so far. We have not used the rotisserie part just because it's cheaper to buy one all ready cooked
We dehydrated fruit for hiking, and reheat food all the time in the basket.
It would be an awesome gift.
Its $150 at walmart
159 on amazon
$200 on the infomercial
I paid 150 with tax after discounts.

Last edited:
We have the Ninja foodi airfryer/oven and love it! It preheats so fast that unless I have something big or multiple items, we use it instead of turning on the big oven that takes ages to preheat. I like that it flips up when not in use so it doesn’t take up as much counter space.

I also bought the Ninja air fryer/over. Highly recommend. It's so versatile. Got it at Kohl's with Kohl's cash and it was pretty reasonable considering what it does.

Last edited:

If you have a Roses Discount store near you, I cannot recommend them enough. They are similar to something like TJ Maxx, getting overstock of items. I have gotten my rice cooker for $10 and air fryer for $60 there. It's a wonderful place, and I really do think its worth the check if you can.

I have the Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven and use it just about every day. I paid around $150 through Costco. They also have a compact version.

I just returned a Cuisinart. Much too big. A counter hog.

I'm getting the Ninja. Its not as tall. A full chicken won't fit. When not being used it can flip up letting reclaim counter space.

The Emril unit has a rotisserie. I've read the Emril only has a 90 day warranty.

I wound up buying from Bed Bath and Beyond with a 20% of coupon.

I just returned a Cuisinart. Much too big. A counter hog.

I'm getting the Ninja. Its not as tall. A full chicken won't fit. When not being used it can flip up letting reclaim counter space.

The Emril unit has a rotisserie. I've read the Emril only has a 90 day warranty.

I wound up buying from Bed Bath and Beyond with a 20% of coupon.
I love that the Ninja flips up.

I have just a standard Oster toaster oven. I loooove toaster ovens for items like you describe, reheating leftovers, making mini pizzas, toasting bread, etc. Any time I don't need to turn on the oven in the summer is a win for me.

Since it's his first house how about a gift card to Kohl's or Bed/Bath/Beyond since there are probably a lot of smaller items it sounds like he would need and doesn't have. Being in his own house he will probably start to learn more about how to cook for himself and then realize there are many things he could use but doesn't have.

Last edited:
I just got the GoWiseUSA (yeah, like you've heard of that brand) for my birthday back in the spring. Love it. No preheating, cooks so fast. It'd be ideal for someone who does lots of "heat ups" instead of actual cooking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter