Country Bear Jamboree!

kendall1968

Earning My Ears
I am not a bear, but have some great friends that are. I have to say that this past Saturday seeing all the "Bears" lined up at Country Bear Jamboree was AMAZING!!! I have never seen so many!!! It was a great thing to see!! Hope you all had a grrrrrrrrrreat time! I would love to see pics if anyone has any. We took a couple of pics, but they do not do justice to the gathered crowd!!

I was there! My friend, who is a CM, and I wanted to show our support, so we were there with our red shirts! Here are the pictures I took of everyone waiting in line for the bears:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I was there too !

I don't know why I didn't take any pictures during the line up !

Phil

My partner, our son and I were there- we cracked up through the whole show! Loved it!
It was our first gay days we've taken our (now 12 yo) son plenty of other times - but frankly this was the best!

We felt comfortable and safe being around so much family- our son , who has out grown holding our hands, grabbed our hands and we walked 3 wide - it was just great! We can't wait until next June- we'll be back!

Funny side story, I had red shirts made for us , papa bear, daddy bear and (our son, who wants to be a pilot) pilot kid bear- aside from getting a lot of funny attention our son finally asked us -"so what's the whole bear thing about" - I pointed out a few bears as they walked by. From there on he'd whisper- "papa, look more bears" - when a couple of "twink" types walked by he asked -so they're not bears "what are they?" I whispered "twinks" well he thought that was the funniest thing he ever heard and chuckled to himself most of the day :)

Best Disney trip ever!

Disney and BEARS? my two favorite things. Call me a hopeless romantic I'd think it would be cute to meet my "significant otter" future "Husbear" during a Disney trip. That would be nice!

the first time I EVER saw the Country Bear Jamboree was during gay days with all the bears. That was quite the experience!

I have a stupid question. Is the behavior inside the show rowdy or crude or anything?

I went with a gay friend of mine. When we go to WDW, which has been about 4 to 5 times per year for the last 3 years, we generally attend the Country Bears Jamboree. When we were there for GayDays, he said the line was too long.

When we go at Christmas we stake our claim for the parade 3 hours before so waiting really isn't an issue. He gets VERY embarrassed by "crude" behavior, conversation, whatever, especially around my 20 year old daughter, who was with us. She also rolls her eyes when we do go to the Country Bears, but that doesn't stop us.

I was just curious.

I have a stupid question. Is the behavior inside the show rowdy or crude or anything?

I went with a gay friend of mine. When we go to WDW, which has been about 4 to 5 times per year for the last 3 years, we generally attend the Country Bears Jamboree. When we were there for GayDays, he said the line was too long.

When we go at Christmas we stake our claim for the parade 3 hours before so waiting really isn't an issue. He gets VERY embarrassed by "crude" behavior, conversation, whatever, especially around my 20 year old daughter, who was with us. She also rolls her eyes when we do go to the Country Bears, but that doesn't stop us.

I was just curious.
in my experience, no. The fun part is that the entire crowd of full grown men singing along with the whole show. It's just a very...interactive experience. That and apparently gays have rhythm, because they could actually keep the beat with the show. Every other time I go, people have to rhythm and it completely destroys the idea.

in my experience, no. The fun part is that the entire crowd of full grown men singing along with the whole show. It's just a very...interactive experience.

O. M. G.

Experiencing this someday is going on my bucket list.

Haha the Country Bear Jamboree has always been one of my fav shows, I remember going as a seven yr old and me and my big brother were totally in love with Big Al and his song! Now as a grown "bear" I'm wondering if Big Al had more of an influence than I realized lol! What gay man wouldnt love Teddi Barra!!!

My gay friends love the country bears. They all have their favorites. My friend, Jeffy says that he thinks some of the bears are gay characters, too. His hubby, Steve says he is crazy, just there are bears they are gay characters. What do you think?

We make it a point to go to Country Bears every year for Gay Days!! It's one of the highlights of our trips. And yes, as previously mentioned, it's great seeing all these grown men singing along with the show.

The only thing I wish, was that Disneyland still had the Country Bears. We go for their Gay Days as well, and it's missed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter