Courtesy of Shamus - BWV Villa locations by View

Wish I could send this to the MS CM I spoke to this week. I called to put in a request for my stay next month. I request a dedicated studio and the CM insisted there are NO dedicated studios. I calmly told her that yes they do have dedicated studios because I've stayed in them. I told her they are on each side of the ice machine as you turn the corner, but she just didn't believe me......

All they know is what they read and some don't take the time to read. Some have never been to the resorts or stayed in them. Their offices are in Celebration a city outside of WDW.

:earsboy: Bill

We have a 1 bedroom standard view room booked (cash not Dvc). Are there any rooms in this category that will allow us to hear the boat horns? This is one of our favorite sounds staying at Disney!
This is our first time staying at BWV so we are very excited! TIA

We have a 1 bedroom standard view room booked (cash not Dvc). Are there any rooms in this category that will allow us to hear the boat horns? This is one of our favorite sounds staying at Disney!
I have stayed at BWV 50+ times and I share your love of the boat horns! It is what I miss when we stay at other Disney resorts. I don't know the answer because we always book BW view. But I will be curious what others have to say. Good luck. I hope you get a "boat horn sound" room!

I'd say not really, but maybe. If you were down in the wing closest to the Swan/Dolphin you might catch some of the horn sounding from the boats when they come and go from that dock or pass under the bridge there. I've been in one of those rooms once for one night and really didn't pay attention but it's the closest you'd get to a dock (on a cash reservation you'll likely be in what DVC designates as a pool/garden view room).

No. I don't recall ever hearing them while in the room and we stay in a SV 1 bedroom almost very trip for at least part of the time.

But I'm sure you'll love staying there, anyway. (If you request close to the elevators, you will probably hearing the back up beeping from the luggage trucks, though). :teeth:

No. I don't recall ever hearing them while in the room and we stay in a SV 1 bedroom almost very trip for at least part of the time.

But I'm sure you'll love staying there, anyway. (If you request close to the elevators, you will probably hearing the back up beeping from the luggage trucks, though). :teeth:

Cash standard view is typically pool/garden.

jekjones1558....Your post made me feel so sad for you about not being able to travel any longer. I always enjoy your posts here.

jekjones1558....Your post made me feel so sad for you about not being able to travel any longer. I always enjoy your posts here.
So kind of you, minster22. But I feel grateful that DH's health is stable. My world is small now but I share the excitement all of you post online. We have sold over half of our points but kept some of them to gift family and friends with trips, so I still get to do planning with/for them. And I have SO many memories and have met SO many wonderful people here on the DIS. It's all good (but I do miss those horns.....) :disrocks:

Thanks all for the great info! Another question lol some of you have mentioned that cash SV is garden view . Does that mean when researching areas I look for garden view areas?

Thanks all for the great info! Another question lol some of you have mentioned that cash SV is garden view . Does that mean when researching areas I look for garden view areas?

It's not guaranteed but cash is usually given pool garden view, despite the description on the website that it is parking lot view. Members typically book up the standard and boardwalk views, leaving pool garden.

That is what I would recommend. As Debbie mentioned it's not guaranteed but more than likely that is the room "view" you will be put into.

So kind of you, minster22. But I feel grateful that DH's health is stable. My world is small now but I share the excitement all of you post online. We have sold over half of our points but kept some of them to gift family and friends with trips, so I still get to do planning with/for them. And I have SO many memories and have met SO many wonderful people here on the DIS. It's all good (but I do miss those horns.....) :disrocks:
And this is why you are a "class act!!"

If you have a quiet pool view or tennis court view, is there a path that you can take to walk to the bus stop without having to go down to the lobby & back?

If you have a quiet pool view or tennis court view, is there a path that you can take to walk to the bus stop without having to go down to the lobby & back?

Yes, there is an exit the corner at the end of that wing.

Thank you Shamus.
Boy this is hard to find!

Bookmarks are your friend. :teeth:

If you don't use bookmarks / favorites or forget (like I usually do), just remember the DVC Resource Center (link near the top of all the DIS DVC Forums).

Cllick on the picture of Ariel and then scroll down and click on the picture of the BWV. You see the link to the Boardwalk Villas & Views (just above the map).

Bookmarks are your friend. :teeth:

If you don't use bookmarks / favorites or forget (like I usually do), just remember the DVC Resource Center (link near the top of all the DIS DVC Forums).

Cllick on the picture of Ariel and then scroll down and click on the picture of the BWV. You see the link to the Boardwalk Villas & Views (just above the map).
How do I bookmark on the DIS? I looked for it, and couldn't find it. I have subscribed to threads, or "watched" and don't get any follow-up on those either.
What am I doing wrong? Sorry to be so pitifully last century.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter