Courtney and Tully's May 3rd 2014 Wishes Wedding

Courtney Woods

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!

I wasn't sure if I was going to make a planning journal, but after reading through quite a bit of them they seem extremely helpful and fun! So I thought I would give it a shot. I am SO excited to be having my wedding at Disney World, I cannot hardly contain it so I guess I will just let that excitement explode all over the internet.

About Courtney and Tully!

If asked how to describe our relationship I would say that it is a transatlantic geeky Rom-Com. Strange description, I know, but it fits! I live in Austin, TX, while he lives in the UK. We met while working together on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Tully came to Texas on a business trip during Halloween 2011. We kept in touch and started dating January 2012. Much of our relationship has been long distance so we spend time together playing a lot of video games together (SWTOR and Borderlands 2 are our favorites).

The first year we were together he traveled to Austin almost every two months for two weeks at a time. Our first New Years as a couple and our first trip together was in Walt Disney World, of course! Tully had never been so I was really happy to share with him his first visit to the happiest place on earth!

A year and a half into our relationship, Tully decided to come to the States for three months and we would try out living together. We knew we wanted to get married, but my family is traditional so he had to ask my father's permission before we sent off the forms to apply for a fiance visa. One of the happiest days of my life is when my dad said to Tully, "Welcome to the family!"

Knowing how particular I am, Tully let me pick the ring. He proposed to me one morning while our pug, Gentleman Jack, ran in circles around us.

Why Disney?

Disney has always held a special place in my heart. some of my first memories are under the castle holding my father's hand and Snow White giving me a kiss on the cheek during a parade. And as I mentioned it was the location of my fiance and I's first trip together.

So it was only natural that I look up DFTW... You know, just to check if it was something I wanted to do...

Well it definitely was! I knew immediately I wanted to do a Wishes Wedding. As anyone who plays RPGs knows, you can never have too much customization. I wanted a way to bring all of the things Tully and I love together and a Wishes Wedding at Disney seemed like the perfect place to do that.

Our Locations!

• Bridal Luncheon: Ariel's
  • Rehearsal Dinner: The Attic
  • Ceremony: Sea Breeze Point
  • Reception: Living Seas Salon
  • Dessert Party: UK Pavilion Lochside

I'm still in the early stages of planning so I haven't gotten a dress yet or done our formal invitations, but I look forward to posting more when I can!

Thanks for reading!

*I am new to these forums so I still need to post a few more times before I can add pictures or links, but I will do soon!

Hi! Congratulations on your engagement and welcome! I'm from TX too! Dallas, to be exact! I look forward to seeing your plans. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter