Cover letter?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
I know uploading your resume is optional when applying to the DCP, but curious if you're able to upload a cover letter as well? Is this a good idea or unnecessary for this particular application?
Thank you!

I never have! (I applied twice, and was accepted both times but only went once). I can't 100% confirm this, but from what I can tell, there's some kind of computer program that scans your application for certain words and phrases. So a heartfelt cover letter about how much Disney means to you probably wouldn't be read in the way that you want. I would save what you want to write in the cover letter for your phone interview–but that's just me! Maybe there are others out there who have had success with cover letters.

(Are you applying for Spring 2018 too?!)

Nope, not needed. I firmly believe that a computer 'reads' your application. I'm not even sure a resume is read, unless it's way down the road. If the computer 'sees' what it's looking for, it asks the applicant to do a web interview. If it likes what it 'sees' there, then the applicant may be asked to schedule a phone interview.

Nope, not needed. I firmly believe that a computer 'reads' your application. I'm not even sure a resume is read, unless it's way down the road. If the computer 'sees' what it's looking for, it asks the applicant to do a web interview. If it likes what it 'sees' there, then the applicant may be asked to schedule a phone interview.

Yes! And I think I forgot to add that many times (not always), the initial application is accepted (or denied) so quickly it's virtually impossible for a real person to have read and accepted it in such a short amount of time. The evidence for this seems pretty strong.

Yes! And I think I forgot to add that many times (not always), the initial application is accepted (or denied) so quickly it's virtually impossible for a real person to have read and accepted it in such a short amount of time. The evidence for this seems pretty strong.
Absolutely! In my dd's case, she applied at 5pm on the day apps dropped...she had an email to do the web interview within 90 mins! About 30 mins after she finished the WI, she had an email telling her to schedule a phone interview. It was way too fast for a human to have had any hand in the process!!! Of course, once it got into human hands, it took about a month before she heard anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter