Covid And The Rest of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re ageism comments. Again. Substitute any other “group” for “seniors” and it would not be ok. Even if “true” (in whosever eyes). We need to get away from those kinds of stereotypes. I will call it out again if I see it, sorry. People of all ages are doing the best they can muster during these trying times. People of ALL AGES are not always doing things 100% perfectly. I also see it every day. Let’s cut eachother some slack!

Re ageism comments. Again. Substitute any other “group” for “seniors” and it would not be ok. Even if “true” (in whosever eyes). We need to get away from those kinds of stereotypes. I will call it out again if I see it, sorry. People of all ages are doing the best they can muster during these trying times. People of ALL AGES are not always doing things 100% perfectly. I also see it every day. Let’s cut eachother some slack!
Thanks for the heads up.

While I totally understand why you might think Ireland is rich
I do not think this at all, I am just sticking to what is going on here. I actually hate what is going on in most of the western countries, I think most of the narrative it is all hogwash by the elites(rich) with the help of media and politicians. I have many friends around the world struggling, I just see first hand here so I share..... I think the rich just got a whole lot richer and most just got a whole lot poorer this year. As if it were not already bad in most places for many. At the risk of getting marked for being political I will stop here.

These two quotes are pulled out not directed at either of you. They both just trigger me to respond.

Anyone who has a home, can work from said home and afford to then stay in said home, has the freedom to willingly comply with crazier and crazier regulations.

That applies to almost no one in this country. It never really did but fear is a motivation to many too. The fear along with not having anywhere to go with everything shut down, just shifted into high gear just to survive and see our neighbors and friends survive. There is no going back to any of the regulations pushed for 8 months anytime soon.
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-latin-america-55064560
I think I understand what you're saying, but understanding doesn't get us any closer to having a shared experience. Nor can the responses we have to our own local conditions really change things for one another in any way. :flower3: It's just the truth that we here in Canada simply cannot fathom having regulations enforced a the point of a gun, nor do we even know what it means to be without at least some measure of a social safety net.

This senior concurs, and complies.

IMHO regarding Very Opinionated.

To believe that piece, I'd have to believe for just one second that Covid19 IS a hoax. That the Medical Communities that are crumbling around the world are the greatest actors, and that it is they whom have something to gain by their statements.

Last edited:
IMHO regarding Very Opinionated.

To believe that piece, I'd have to believe for just one second that Covid19 IS a hoax. That the Medical Community that is crumbling around the world are the greatest actors, and that it is they whom have something to gain by their statements.
Which piece exactly are you referencing? :confused:

So the Welsh First Minister has come up with his own set of Rules today.
All cafes, pubs, bars and restaurants in Wales will have to close at 6pm and can not sell alcohol at any time.

All cafes, pubs, bars and restaurants in Wales will have to close at 6pm and can not sell alcohol at any time.
What is the state of things in Wales? Are cases exploding and your hospitals being overrun?

I saw that press conference, love the question about the mince pies and mulled wine, make sure its non alcoholic mulled wine and you will be grand

I saw that press conference, love the question about the mince pies and mulled wine, make sure its non alcoholic mulled wine and you will be grand
I am not a fan of mulled wine, even the alcoholic kind. I quite enjoy warmed cider with spices and oranges/lemons added. I do feel desperately sorry for the hospitality industry. We have a small village pub, that may not survive this, which would be a tragedy for our community. Even local Michelin starred restaurants are offering a take away service. Have you watched the Tom Kerridge series ‘Saving British Pubs?

What is the benefit of banning alcohol totally? I know here they said it had to be sold with a meal, but I think part of that logic was to help restaurateurs; when numbers were so limited they didn’t want someone to take up a precious spot just to nurse a beer for an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter