Cozumel/ Grand Cayman beach excursion

Yvet

<marquee behavior=alternate><font color=blue>♫ Sh
Hello,

I'm looking into doing a beach day on our own at Cozumel and/or Grand Cayman.
We did this at Costa Maya during PCC4.0 and we loved it, we were with a group of DISsers and just spend a day at the beach.
I have read that there are multiple places where you can go pay around $50pp and have food and drinks included.

Would there be interest from others to do this kind of thing together?

That WAS so much fun. Lesley & I are planning on going to the beach that is a national park in Cozumel. I'm not sure what the specifics are. I'm interested in doing a beach day at Grand Cayman. I didn't get off the ship during our last cruise.

I'm not an expert snorkeler but any means, but you can snorkel right off the beach (got to get down some rock stairs). I love it! I use a 'floaty vest'. I hope the weather is nice that day! You can see the ship from the beach, it's that close. There are other activities that you can pay for (swimming with dolphins). But we just like sitting on the beach, perhaps indulging in an umbrella drink. There are iguanas all over, and places to explore. :thumbsup2

I like to do a beach day like Tiki beach but the excursion has only 2.5 hours at the beach.....
I feel like that's so short.

Still debating on what to do.....

I said I'd sign up, but I think if we get a taxi we might be able to go to the beach and be free to choose what we want to do. I haven't looked into the details either, though.

Yeah i think that's how we'll going to wing it.

I have to go to Diamonds International first in Grand Cayman and that can take a while because i'm not going to buy but to complain and demand my money back.
Long story... (For anyone that wants to hear this story just ask me on the ship).
Just let me tell you NEVER EVER buy anything at Diamonds Ibternational EVER...

So first i want that out of the way and then after that i can see how much time there is left and see what to do then.
But when there is enough time left i would love to go and visit the beach!!!!

We're in for whatever you guys think is best. I thought the day seemed short too. Greg (not a beach guy) was fine with it, but we had such fun last time and it was much longer than 2-1/2 hours! and they do have a nice looking bar for those of us who aren't beach guys. I thought maybe we'd shop after the beach, probably not buying any diamonds though. ;) As near as I can see, the shore excursion includes the bus and one rum punch for $39 per adult. I'm sure we could find a cab and buy our own better rum drink for less than that.

What are y'all plans for Cozumel??
There is a beach excursion on your own that is about $55 without transportation but that includes food and all drinks...

We're doing the Tequila Tasting at Cozumel.
We did that last time and really enjoyed it. Tequila (which I do not like :)), museum, buffet lunch and transportation.
Despite not liking tequila- this was a very enjoyable adventure and we had time to shop on the way back to the ship too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!