Cozumel - Mr. Sancho's

mickeygirl78

DIS Veteran
I'm going on Royal Caribbean in November for a seven day cruise. On our day in Cozumel we are thinking about trying Mr. Sancho's all inclusive. Has anyone tried it? If so, I have a few questions. Is it better to tip your server as you go or at the end? I'd rather tip at the end but want to make sure I get good service. Can you bring floats into the ocean? We'll have tubes for the kids and a small battery pump to blow them up. Wasn't sure if the kids could use them in the ocean. Obviously we would not try to use them in their pool, just in the ocean.

Any other input on Mr. Sanchos?

We did Nachi Cocum on Cozumel and it is just a little farther down the beach than mr sanchos. We liked that they limit it to a small group each day which keeps the beach not crowded and quiet.

A little OT to the original question, but we prefer San Francisco Beach Club over Mr. Sancho - both allow drop-in day use and both offer AI or a la carte pricing.

We went to mr sanchos last September and absolutely loved it. It wasn't too crowded and the food and drinks were good. It was nice having a dedicated table with some shade and our waiter never let our drinks go empty.

We also just tipped at the end. We did not bring floats and didn't find a need for them at all so I'm not sure if you can bring your own. They are very quick to respond via email because I had some questions about my 3 year old before I left.

was just there two weeks ago. We did all-inclusive and like it. Free drinks and food-although at one busy time the food took over an hour to come. The restrooms are spotless! I will say, we were seated to the left and it was relatively quiet and not crowded at all. I had a massage at the other end of the beach and it looked like Spring break over there, pool was so crowded- people scream , hollering, drunk. In my day I would have loved that, but now with teenage kids I was glad to be on the quiet side!

A little OT to the original question, but we prefer San Francisco Beach Club over Mr. Sancho - both allow drop-in day use and both offer AI or a la carte pricing.

Any idea of the a la carte pricing. We don't drink but would like lunch and a couple of sodas.

Any idea of the a la carte pricing. We don't drink but would like lunch and a couple of sodas.
Sorry - it's been awhile since we were there. I'm sure anything I remember wouldn't be up-to-date. I've also just quickly looked it up on Tripadvisor and the current reviews are pretty mixed. YMMV :wave2:

I see that Mr. Sancho's doesn't include the aquatic park??? Is that the case if you book for the day?

I can't speak to pricing since we were there some time ago, but we thought the facilities at Mr. Sanchos were very good and clean and the beach was very nice. We paid for food and drinks a la carte and it was delicious. It was not crowded when we were there, but there also weren't a lot of ships in port, which must have helped.

It's free to get in that includes a beach chair and umbrella. The inflatables(water park) in the ocean I believe were 10-15 dollars pp. They provide life jackets for kids if you need them. They have really good food that you can order. No you don't have to drink. I drink, but I don't like to drink in the middle of the day. I've been there twice. I love it very clean beach, and restrooms.

I will add one more option to the list. We spent 3 days in Cozumel during Irma. The last day we went to Paradise beach. It was the best of the three days. We don't drink so AI never makes much sense for us. It was $3 for the adults and $18 for the kids (so they can use the water stuff) and the understanding that we would spend about $10 each on food. The total cost for 4 of us was $80 plus the taxi. We are heading back in a week for one day on Oasis and we are going directly back to Paradise beach!!

We did Mr Sanchos in April on our cruise and it was an awful experience. We were with a very large group (25+ people) and most did the all inclusive (drinks/food/aquatic area) and some of us did not (us. we don't drink) and those of us that didn't do the all inclusive were not allowed on the beach by our friends that did do the all inclusive. A large family (8) couldn't afford the all inclusive so when one of the kids would wander off to find her/his friends they would be brought back to the pavillion, which is where we were housed, and scolded. It was a horrible time. The water was nasty and to my older kids (18, 20, 22) the aquatic park was not fun. We heard paradise beach was much better. We will go there next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!