CRAZY DIS ASIANS! A Sept 2018 TR...COMPLETED 6/1 The last day!!

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it on FB, but I just caught up here. So sorry about your father, but as I read about his bad days in your post here, at least he is at peace and out of pain.

I'm very sorry about your father. We had a similar experience with my father just three years ago and no matter how long they're sick, you're never entirely prepared. Best wishes.

I am late in saying...I am so sorry about your dad. Hospice is wonderful though (I am a nurse in my non Disney life). And your twin sisters look just like your dad.

Your around the world trip looks fabulous...the plane, jealous! My dh flew like that from somewhere to somewhere, lol! I know he started in Hartford but that airport did not have that plane, maybe Minneapolis to Alaska or California he rode in comfort. I think it was Alaska as it was a longer flight. While he was enjoying that I was eating kraft Mac and cheese with our kids.

Back to Disney...fun fun fun!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sorry I've been away. Some of you know already...but my dad passed away on December 11th. He was 72 years old. He deteriorated rapidly over the course of 48 hours. He went from being able to sit up and recognize people, to completely disoriented and unable to move or speak. It was very scary. On the day he passed, I was with him alone for the whole morning. I tried to make him as comfortable as I could. He was given a ton of morphine. He was visited by his church friends during the day. They prayed for him. In the afternoon my mom and my 3 sisters were there along with close family friends and a pastor when he passed. He is now at peace and in Heaven. We had a viewing and a service for him last weekend, and he was cremated last week. His ashes are now at my mom's house in a beautiful urn and will be placed in a mausoleum this Friday. It is so surreal.

Me and my daddy on my wedding day 10 years ago:

efVD3F4hb69QdOcQzRBlKneKRjzFzCWInMYWu6Ep54xzlRGdc5Nqk9mI7pwvirA_Dh967o9-sYYkXYSXJmkGRuiSoLSm3MrkeK4itN7rsIprR7Y0Kqthkh_2ZUeBS0WDSj9v2wXyIP6PttRUqkPecO3k-s1vFQqS6hoTC1bA4aVZSqGqvFXidVrFuhxPh0o1KEhqBGOFdlhVBbgpk016T6BEGUHZfdX1K02SExXaFefdKXej2LnBNBIf59BB6Q2V9RmeXwo2g1XmHmTUHVOVpc7UdDKOVXYsUwPbxyKfnrG2EBEg7Kij6pUeCOClUHUOSbUI4CcgZmCjN7B6iw4VC06mtwQhE981gPix-zr6kPkrjjj9dOA0JqkXeVO2iw7hY4wNkXSpd39Or8WX1-zk8bLMqKggHMLI0aHjIXOZc1eWcB1suH6xa-lwXK_HqJfzmsu0lMsHfl6IxAOQ-coXYMm26VNY0CtSZe76G-PYh1c5gjb9bfvmkWA1zQWLp9WaNiz5-4vtfSaDeIu9rCWRPf5z6aL6OrfJScmM6tdVevS3iFTvy7B3Vt1FDtXt51Wb-RFv44oqHjZ1Ucfwyh7reSjb5IQcHtZFiW-UE6_kCsiqG3oL-6zzkNyLeBc0zBwx1CT-EN4TRM5GlC9H3wN8xZFxeSnsADTQQMvnC07xFb6d6VVtQEr3iY1SPexyc68jhgNUrM0awA8TgqbJLo0=w705-h470-no

Thank you to everyone for your kind words and condolences, either on Instagram, or Facebook, or on the Disboards. I have been overwhelmed with love. My dad was everything to our family, and it was so hard to see him suffer. I felt a great weight was lifted when he passed and I do feel relieved. I do worry about my mom a bit. She is obviously very emotional. Her sister and brother are here to keep her company for a while and a cousin of mine from Toronto is also visiting for the week so she is not alone when all of us are back at work.

I now understand what it is like to lose a loved one and my hearts go out to all of you who have lost a parent or someone dear or who are currently having to go through this. The holidays have been hard but thank goodness for family. :grouphug:

Back to DISNEY...

I had cancelled our January trip a few weeks before my dad passed. Technically we can still go but we had to cancel our DVC rooms and now there's no more availability for anything that weekend. I could wait list and I tried searching but so far there's nothing and I don't want to spend money on flights AND hotel when we have all these DVC points. So sadly we are not going on January after all.

On the plus side...a friend of mine had points that were expiring and since him and his family live in Singapore and cannot make it to the US before the the points expire, he gifted me with two nights at...AKL Kidani Village! And...these nights fall right on my birthday! (Feb 26-28, my bday is the 27th). Since it's right smack in the middle of the week...I have the option to add days before or after. The weekend before is Princess Half so all rooms are pretty much booked. But I was able to find a DVC room for 3 nights after...also at Kidani Village but a 1-bedroom! #splurge

I don't actually want to spend all the points on a 1-br since we technically don't need it but it was all I could find on short notice and oh well, it's better than shelling out 500+ a night for a deluxe resort, so a 1-BR it is! I also added a few nights before my birthday at POR in a Royal Room. I wanted Pop but there was no availability just for that weekend, so I'll just keep checking. So our schedule looks like this:

Feb 23 - 26: 3 nights at POR
Feb 26 - 28: 2 nights in a deluxe studio at Kidani Village
Feb 28 - March 3: 3 nights in a 1-BR at Kidani Village

I have a few ADRs booked including: Ohana, Artist Point, Jiko, Yachtsman, and Rose and Crown. My birthday dinner is at Jiko. :)
I've also made my FP already! It's mostly Slinky Dog and Flight of Passage, LOL.
I am thinking of doing one of the After Hour events at Toy Story Land too. We just love it so much!

I know a few of you will be there at the same time - anyone else going to be there that week?

Happy holidays to all! :grouphug:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sorry I've been away. Some of you know already...but my dad passed away on December 11th. He was 72 years old. He deteriorated rapidly over the course of 48 hours. He went from being able to sit up and recognize people, to completely disoriented and unable to move or speak. It was very scary. On the day he passed, I was with him alone for the whole morning. I tried to make him as comfortable as I could. He was given a ton of morphine. He was visited by his church friends during the day. They prayed for him. In the afternoon my mom and my 3 sisters were there along with close family friends and a pastor when he passed. He is now at peace and in Heaven. We had a viewing and a service for him last weekend, and he was cremated last week. His ashes are now at my mom's house in a beautiful urn and will be placed in a mausoleum this Friday. It is so surreal.

Me and my daddy on my wedding day 10 years ago:

efVD3F4hb69QdOcQzRBlKneKRjzFzCWInMYWu6Ep54xzlRGdc5Nqk9mI7pwvirA_Dh967o9-sYYkXYSXJmkGRuiSoLSm3MrkeK4itN7rsIprR7Y0Kqthkh_2ZUeBS0WDSj9v2wXyIP6PttRUqkPecO3k-s1vFQqS6hoTC1bA4aVZSqGqvFXidVrFuhxPh0o1KEhqBGOFdlhVBbgpk016T6BEGUHZfdX1K02SExXaFefdKXej2LnBNBIf59BB6Q2V9RmeXwo2g1XmHmTUHVOVpc7UdDKOVXYsUwPbxyKfnrG2EBEg7Kij6pUeCOClUHUOSbUI4CcgZmCjN7B6iw4VC06mtwQhE981gPix-zr6kPkrjjj9dOA0JqkXeVO2iw7hY4wNkXSpd39Or8WX1-zk8bLMqKggHMLI0aHjIXOZc1eWcB1suH6xa-lwXK_HqJfzmsu0lMsHfl6IxAOQ-coXYMm26VNY0CtSZe76G-PYh1c5gjb9bfvmkWA1zQWLp9WaNiz5-4vtfSaDeIu9rCWRPf5z6aL6OrfJScmM6tdVevS3iFTvy7B3Vt1FDtXt51Wb-RFv44oqHjZ1Ucfwyh7reSjb5IQcHtZFiW-UE6_kCsiqG3oL-6zzkNyLeBc0zBwx1CT-EN4TRM5GlC9H3wN8xZFxeSnsADTQQMvnC07xFb6d6VVtQEr3iY1SPexyc68jhgNUrM0awA8TgqbJLo0=w705-h470-no

Thank you to everyone for your kind words and condolences, either on Instagram, or Facebook, or on the Disboards. I have been overwhelmed with love. My dad was everything to our family, and it was so hard to see him suffer. I felt a great weight was lifted when he passed and I do feel relieved. I do worry about my mom a bit. She is obviously very emotional. Her sister and brother are here to keep her company for a while and a cousin of mine from Toronto is also visiting for the week so she is not alone when all of us are back at work.

I now understand what it is like to lose a loved one and my hearts go out to all of you who have lost a parent or someone dear or who are currently having to go through this. The holidays have been hard but thank goodness for family. :grouphug:

Back to DISNEY...

I had cancelled our January trip a few weeks before my dad passed. Technically we can still go but we had to cancel our DVC rooms and now there's no more availability for anything that weekend. I could wait list and I tried searching but so far there's nothing and I don't want to spend money on flights AND hotel when we have all these DVC points. So sadly we are not going on January after all.

On the plus side...a friend of mine had points that were expiring and since him and his family live in Singapore and cannot make it to the US before the the points expire, he gifted me with two nights at...AKL Kidani Village! And...these nights fall right on my birthday! (Feb 26-28, my bday is the 27th). Since it's right smack in the middle of the week...I have the option to add days before or after. The weekend before is Princess Half so all rooms are pretty much booked. But I was able to find a DVC room for 3 nights after...also at Kidani Village but a 1-bedroom! #splurge

I don't actually want to spend all the points on a 1-br since we technically don't need it but it was all I could find on short notice and oh well, it's better than shelling out 500+ a night for a deluxe resort, so a 1-BR it is! I also added a few nights before my birthday at POR in a Royal Room. I wanted Pop but there was no availability just for that weekend, so I'll just keep checking. So our schedule looks like this:

I have a few ADRs booked including: Ohana, Artist Point, Jiko, Yachtsman, and Rose and Crown. My birthday dinner is at Jiko. :)
I've also made my FP already! It's mostly Slinky Dog and Flight of Passage, LOL.
I am thinking of doing one of the After Hour events at Toy Story Land too. We just love it so much!

I know a few of you will be there at the same time - anyone else going to be there that week?

Happy holidays to all! :grouphug:

What a beautiful photo of you and your dad! I still say he looks like the sweetest man ever.

So happy you get to go back to WDW in Feb. It will be good to be in a happy place!

Merry Christmas!

Yay for a Birthday Trip, I will be there in January, coming soon! The lodging for your trip looks wonderful so far!

We are staying at AKL in January, a regular resort room, we have stayed at Kidani in a one bedroom before and I Loved It!! This was back in 2010 and it was pretty new! Beautiful!

Have you stayed At Kidani before? Andi and I also stayed at POR royal room in 2014 and loved that so you have some good places!

Beautiful Wedding photo, so wonderful to cherish those photos!

HappyNew Year To and Yours!!

Merry Christmas Su-Lynn! Hope you are doing ok.

I think I told you this already, but we'll be there the same time as your and currently we are at POR from the 21-24 so we'll even overlap in hotels. I'm not all that excited to stay there, but friends are joining us and it was the only place we could get. We have a reservation for the same dates at Shades of Green and I'm feverishly stalking reservations there so we can hopefully get them in Shades as well. I'm thinking its going to be VERY crowded since hotels have such little open.

I can only imagine what this has been like for you. Hope you're doing okay, considering, and that you're keeping family close. What a beautiful picture of you and your dad!!

This sounds like an awesome trip!! Great ADR choices! I'm finding Rose and Crown has been growing on me as of late.

As I said on Instagram I'm so sorry about your Dad. I've been there, and it is so hard. I've also lost a loved one over the holidays and it is really tough. Take care of yourself as you adjust to your new normal.

Exciting about your upcoming trip! I will be there the first week of March!

I said potatoes... not pineapples.

Potato Whip doesn't sound too appetizing...:rotfl:

I'm sorry to hear about your father. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Thank you

Whoa! She said or she asked? Perhaps that's more of a cultural thing where family does that?

It was asking but it is implied that I won't refuse. My family is just like that, LOL.

OMG.

All that... because of that.

Hope you didn't choke her too much.

Not too much. :rotfl:

Ah. Was wondering. Would you do it again?

Yes! The Bridge Climb was a lot of fun. Probably don't need to do it on the next trip but maybe after a long time has passed, and provided I can still walk, I will probably do it again, LOL.

Had no idea. What kind of show does he put on?

He does a little one-man show of show-tunes and some original music. He's a fantastic singer, he's done a lot of Broadway.

Oh. You mean The Best Disney Parade bar none????

It is a great parade. However, I really do love Paint the Night. I've heard the Tokyo Disney parks parades are the best though. I am totally going to see them one year!

Huh. I'd heard not very many good things about the Halloween snacks this year.

They were ok, they were better than nothing which is what I'm used to! The nachos hit the spot.

That's a new one (HM one) and I've always like yours and Steve's shot with the Tangled one.

Thanks! They were fun!

Still praying for him and your family. How nice that he had family from half-way around the world come visit. He must be a very special person.

Thank you so much Kelly, you are so sweet.

I don't have the patience to wait in long lines for character, but her pictures are always perfect.

Yeah me neither! But somehow it's worth it for her!

It is such an awesome parade!

so much fun! I love it!
I love the Magic shots!

thanks!

That is one of the nice perks of staying at the Epcot resorts. :)

Absolutely! I love that area!

So glad to hear your aunt and cousin were able to come to visit. I am sending continued positive thoughts and prayers for your Dad and the family. Taking care of yourself is important too. I am sure he is feeling all the love surrounding him. :hug:

Thank you :hug:.

As usual your sister got some awesome pictures with characters! And I love all the PP at the party! Some really neat magic shots too. Almost making me regret we didn't run over for a party instead of the extra night at HHN-almost LOL.
How nice that your dad has his family around him. I know it has to be hard to watch him decline, even with all the family support. :grouphug:

LOL I'm sure you had just as much fun at HHN. :)

Thank you Monica. :hug:

Oh, Su-Lynn I’m so sorry about your Dad’s declining health. I haven’t been reading the Disboards Much lately and missed your updates. I followed you on Instagram and commented on your fabulous trip and wasn’t aware of how much pain you must be in, worrying about your Dad. I have to tell you what a handsome man he is, but you obviously know that. How comforting to have family come from so far away to be with your parents at this difficult time. Sending positive thoughts for comfort and peace for your dear Dad.

Thank you so much. We were in such a state before but he is at peace now, and no longer suffering. Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. :hug:

Loved reading your TR so far! I also went back and read your solo one (I love reading solo TR’s as I go solo sometimes).

Thank you!! I had so much fun on my solo trip. I think I really need to make another solo trip!

I really regret not waiting in line for them at my party! They are soooo adorable! I did during MVMCP, but then they just have different scarves on.

They are so cute! Now I kinda want to get their picture too. But I think about how much time I'd waste in line...but I guess you just have to do whatever you want!

Oh Su-Lynn, I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been off the boards for a bit and just learned now of your dad's passing. You are never ready to lose a parent, no matter how old you are. Please take care of yourself.

Your birthday trip sounds fantastic! You deserve this and there's nothing better than looking forward to a Disney trip!

Merry Christmas Su-Lynn!! So happy you have a trip planned!!!!!! It will be an awesome way to spend your birthday after such a difficult few months...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts