Crazy things you've heard people say about Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then. Brazil has something in common with the United States. Know what else they have in common? Both are in the top 2 in cases. Both are in the top 2 in deaths.
UK population - 66.65 million
UK Covid deaths - 46,364
0.070%

Italy population - 60.36 million
Italy Covid deaths - 35,187
0.058%

US population - 328.2 million
US Covid deaths - 159,000
0.048%

Brazil population - 209.5 million
Brazil Covid deaths - 97,418
0.047%

Interesting how you all think Brazil and the US are #1 and #2. I suppose if CNN and MSNBC says so, then....

It probably doesn't help that people see leaders, reporters, health officials at times, representatives, etc with at least some of those examples. Though the hanging off the ear..yeah that's definitely not wearing a mask lol.
Ya think?

Fauci.png

I know someone who was ordering from Chipotle and was told she can't be served without a mask. So she pulled out her dirty mask from her purse where it usually resides, hung it on her ear, said her order, and they served her.

Ya think?

Fauci.png

I know someone who was ordering from Chipotle and was told she can't be served without a mask. So she pulled out her dirty mask from her purse where it usually resides, hung it on her ear, said her order, and they served her.
I was NOT talking about that one. That has been explained again and again and again (so I wasn't going there).

I was speaking over time; mayors, health department officials, governors, news anchors, and so many more.

Heck I was even speaking about my local area where after the Primary results the news crews went out at the watch party. One news anchor wasn't wearing a mask and she was inside (another one doing a different interview was and she was outside) and no one...not even the person who won was wearing a mask all indoors..

But the hanging off the ear that is totally not wearing one lol.

I was NOT talking about that one. That has been explained again and again and again (so I wasn't going there).

I was speaking over time; mayors, health department officials, governors, news anchors, and so many more.

Heck I was even speaking about my local area where after the Primary results the news crews went out at the watch party. One news anchor wasn't wearing a mask and she was inside (another one doing a different interview was and she was outside) and no one...not even the person who won was wearing a mask all indoors..

But the hanging off the ear that is totally not wearing one lol.
Through the whole thing my governor was standing shoulder to shoulder with his left hand man and 10 others on TV every day ordering everyone to wear masks and stay apart while not a single one of them was wearing a mask standing shoulder to shoulder with each other.

Oh also, of course he also ordered that wedding parties had to be 10 people or less or something while at the same time going to his son's wedding where I highly doubt there were 10 or less.

Also, crying and demanding everyone stay home and not leave the state, not even to go to your own vacation property, while he escaped to his Florida vacation property.

Is it any wonder no one is listening to him or his "health expert" who isn't a health expert?

I got an email from a chain store that felt the need to make you people understood what they meant when asking patrons to wear a mask in the store:

View attachment 516279

Great advice, sad that they actually have to clarify what "wear a mask" means.

I work retail in a state that has required masks since April. It is amazing to me how many people wear them incorrectly. We had someone coughing like crazy, with her mask off. We had someone using a tissue as a mask. We still have people trying to walk in the store without one. It's sad.

I have a neighbor who is strongly opposed to the theory of evolution. Mind you, I have no problem with this. I disagree with him, but everybody is entitled to their opinion.

But...

Every single time I see this guy, he runs on about how the coronavirus is “just a mutated rhinovirus that has changed and adapted to new environmental conditions.” Of course, it’s absurd to suggest that a rhinovirus evolved into a coronavirus, but that isn’t what drives me nuts. He’s denying evolution in one breath and then describing it with the passion of Darwin in the next. When I tell the guy he is describing evolution when he asserts that one species mutated into another, he cocks his head, puts his hands on his hips and smirks knowingly at my ignorance. He then tells me we’ll have to agree to disagree as he laughs mockingly like I’m the dumbest person on earth. Then the next time I see him, he starts all over again. After three rounds of this, I’ve opted to avoid him.

If there‘s one thing this virus has produced, its millions of examples of the Dunning-Kruger effect. It astonishes me how so many people with no science background truly believe they have some secret, special knowledge the rest of the world has overlooked.

There's a crazy statement of heard passed that goes approximately like “cloth masks are 15% genuine concern, 35% security blanket, 50% virtue signaling”

Yet, have we discovered how effective cloth masks really are? What the science behind how effective they are beyond just “Masks work!” When worn properly are they 25%-50% effective in preventing transmission? How quickly does the effectiveness diminish for prolonged use?... I know many wear the same mask all day long.... We know N95 are better, but even they are only 95% effective against small particles that are larger that .3 microns. Covid particles are about .12 microns?

Even if masks are only 1% effective, that's 1% more than no mask.
Are they at least 1%?

And what do you tell a coworker that says breathing in germs from sneezing, coughing, sweating, phlegm, carbon dioxide from wearing a mask for 8 hours a day is detrimental to their health?

Last edited:
Are they at least 1%?

And what do you tell a coworker that says breathing in germs from sneezing, coughing, sweating, phlegm, carbon monoxide from wearing a mask for 8 hours a day is detrimental to their health?
If they are sneezing, coughing and expelling phlegm so much they should not be at work.
as fo carbon monoxide that myth has been pretty much debunked.

Since there is no longer " Crazy things you've heard people say about Covid-19 " it is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!