Crazy things you've heard people say about Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to argue with you. I really want to know the facts. So who is to blame for the virus?
Mother Nature... or maybe the Devil... or God. Why do you think there's someone to blame for the virus itself?

There's plenty of blame for human responses to the virus, but hopefully, there's also plenty of human responses that will lift us up, too. Plenty of heroes stepping up... everyday heroes like our medical personnel and first responders and teachers and food chain workers. Many have made the greatest sacrifices for us.

Where Did the COVID-19 Virus Come From?

APRIL 13, 2020 -- Researchers from the UK and Germany have reconstructed the early 'evolutionary paths' of COVID-19 as it spread from Wuhan out to Europe and North America.
The researchers analyzing 160 complete virus genomes sampled from patients across the world between 24th December 2019 and 4th March 2020.
They found that the closest type of COVID-19 to the one discovered in bats (type A) - the original human virus genome - was present in Wuhan, but surprisingly was not the city’s predominant virus type.
Mutated versions of A were seen in Americans reported to have lived in Wuhan, and a large number of A-type viruses were found in patients from the US and Australia.
Wuhan’s major virus type (B) was prevalent in patients from across East Asia. However, the variant did not travel much beyond the region without further mutations, implying a founder event in Wuhan or resistance against this type of COVID-19 outside East Asia, say the researchers.
The C variant is the major European type, found in early patients from France, Italy, Sweden and England. It is absent from the study’s Chinese mainland sample, but seen in Singapore, Hong Kong and South Korea.

The new analysis also suggests that one of the earliest introductions of the virus into Italy came via the first documented German infection on January 27th, and that another early Italian infection route was related to a Singapore cluster.
The findings are published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS).

December 31
Health officials in Wuhan, China, post a notice that says they’re investigating a pneumonia outbreak that is spreading in their city. The World Health Organization (WHO) acknowledges that it “was informed of a cluster of cases of pneumonia of unknown cause.”
January 26
Chinese government health officials reveal for the first time that people who are infected with the coronavirus can spread the disease before they are showing any symptoms.
That's not likely not being transparent. It's far more likely China shared new information as they obtained it.

By now, we should all know that it most likely came from an mammal in a Chinese wet market. If you don't want to blame Mother Nature, maybe you can blame the mammal.:confused3
There ya go. You wanna see something really eye opening? Just google the Chinese wet markets and select videos. I refuse to watch any videos again as the one I watched actually brought tears to my eyes. A couple pointed out a beautiful Lab puppy and the store clerk picked it up and sliced its neck open. It then laid the still alive puppy on a table and began butchering it. Alive. These are some sick sick people. They eat bats, rats, spiders, cats and dogs. The video gave me nightmares and that poor lab puppy will haunt me forever.

There ya go. You wanna see something really eye opening? Just google the Chinese wet markets and select videos. I refuse to watch any videos again as the one I watched actually brought tears to my eyes. A couple pointed out a beautiful Lab puppy and the store clerk picked it up and sliced its neck open. It then laid the still alive puppy on a table and began butchering it. Alive. These are some sick sick people. They eat bats, rats, spiders, cats and dogs. The video gave me nightmares and that poor lab puppy will haunt me forever.
I don't agree with them either. There's no chance that I would eat anything from one of them, but they're not the reason the US is currently in our situation. Blaming China serves no purpose, but to deflect from the US' failure to control the virus. It's not China's responsibility to protect the US. We actually pay politicians to do that.

Last edited:
I don't agree with them either. There's no chance that I would eat anything from one of them, but they're not the reason the US is currently in our situation. Blaming China serves no purpose, but to deflect from the US' failure to control the disease. It's not China's responsibility to protect the US. We actually pay politicians to do that.
Let's just agree to disagree. I love a good debate and never take it personal. Hope you feel the same. Have a good night!

This has been argued a million times throughout human history. But, since you pointed that out, is it THAT different than killing other animals for meat or hide? Maybe if cows, pigs, and lamb were allowed to be household pets, people may think differently?
Maybe you’re a vegan or pescatarian? (Nothing wrong with that. It’s actually a really healthy diet, but not something I can do consistently, myself).

Sorry everyone, didn’t mean to get off topic.

Where Did the COVID-19 Virus Come From?

APRIL 13, 2020 -- Researchers from the UK and Germany have reconstructed the early 'evolutionary paths' of COVID-19 as it spread from Wuhan out to Europe and North America.
The researchers analyzing 160 complete virus genomes sampled from patients across the world between 24th December 2019 and 4th March 2020.
They found that the closest type of COVID-19 to the one discovered in bats (type A) - the original human virus genome - was present in Wuhan, but surprisingly was not the city’s predominant virus type.
Mutated versions of A were seen in Americans reported to have lived in Wuhan, and a large number of A-type viruses were found in patients from the US and Australia.
Wuhan’s major virus type (B) was prevalent in patients from across East Asia. However, the variant did not travel much beyond the region without further mutations, implying a founder event in Wuhan or resistance against this type of COVID-19 outside East Asia, say the researchers.
The C variant is the major European type, found in early patients from France, Italy, Sweden and England. It is absent from the study’s Chinese mainland sample, but seen in Singapore, Hong Kong and South Korea.

The new analysis also suggests that one of the earliest introductions of the virus into Italy came via the first documented German infection on January 27th, and that another early Italian infection route was related to a Singapore cluster.
The findings are published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS).

But then there was the following that suggested it was already spreading in Brazil in November and Italy in December

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/studying-sewage-could-help-solve-a-coronavirus-mystery

Anyway perhaps this subject is best for another thread, let's try and keep this on topic!

So back on topic... large areas of UK suddenly had new restrictions imposed over the weekend including ban on meeting in other peoples homes again.

How is that on topic you ask? Well yesterday was also the launch of our new "Eat Out to Help Out" scheme which went ahead in those areas.

So you can no longer go into a family members house, but you are encouraged (gov is paying some of the cost!) to eat out inside in busy restaurants or bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter