Credit use on arrival day

epcotobsessed

DIS Veteran
We should arrive to YC around 11am and plan to drop our bags and head to Epcot. We do not expect our room to be ready when we arrive, but we would like to use our DxDP credits for a TS meal around noon. If our room isn't ready by the time we sit down, my understanding is that our meal credits might not be active on our bands, so we will have to charge it to the room but then can go to the concierge later and get our credits to cover it? Do I have that right?

We should arrive to YC around 11am and plan to drop our bags and head to Epcot. We do not expect our room to be ready when we arrive, but we would like to use our DxDP credits for a TS meal around noon. If our room isn't ready by the time we sit down, my understanding is that our meal credits might not be active on our bands, so we will have to charge it to the room but then can go to the concierge later and get our credits to cover it? Do I have that right?

Either do online check in or check in when you drop your bags. That should make your dining plan active and ready to use.

Thanks - I "checked in" as soon as I made the reservation, so hopefully we will have no issues. I will also ask when we are dropping our bags. Thanks again.

I checked in online on our last trip but the dining plan was not active when we arrived. We discovered that when we tried to get our mugs.

Thanks - we will stop by the front desk before going to Epcot and hope that they can activate our credits if our room is not ready.

Thanks - we will stop by the front desk before going to Epcot and hope that they can activate our credits if our room is not ready.
We arrived ridiculously early last trip (made better time driving than expected) and they activated our band when we got there, it was like 4am, so they should definitely be able to activate them before you go to EPCOT.

do you have to physically stop by the hotel? im doing a split stay and was planning to have my bags sent over from AKL to BC - i was planning to have a late breakfast at AK using my DDP that is linked to my BC stay. if i check in when i wake up and check out of AKL are they active? hmm..

do you have to physically stop by the hotel? im doing a split stay and was planning to have my bags sent over from AKL to BC - i was planning to have a late breakfast at AK using my DDP that is linked to my BC stay. if i check in when i wake up and check out of AKL are they active? hmm..

I would probably stop by AKL's guest services and ask them to do it. Do you have dining plan on both stays or just the second one? If you have it on both stays, all credits from first stay must be used before you can begin to use the second one.

I would probably stop by AKL's guest services and ask them to do it. Do you have dining plan on both stays or just the second one? If you have it on both stays, all credits from first stay must be used before you can begin to use the second one.
just on the second one. stopping by at AKL seems not a prob

it sounds like they arent active until your room is assigned? ive been reading that in other places.

it sounds like they arent active until your room is assigned? ive been reading that in other places.

That is not correct. Some are worried that is the case, but they are active from check-in. If you do online check-in and put an early check-in time on there, you should be fine, but stopping by AKL guest services will insure it.

I think you are right. We had done the online check in but our room hadn't been assigned when we tried to get our mugs. The nice cast member cashier contacted the front desk and had them activated for us. If you don't have a room assignment it is probably a good idea to check in at the front desk to activate the plan.

I had DlxDP for part of a split stay last October. Went from BLT to SSR, and wanted to use a credit for 1900 PF Bfast on switchover day. They were able to see the credits on my band, but could not use one for the meal. So I had to pay for it and then get the $$ credited back. was a hassle because it went to the BLT part of my stay which was then closed out before I had a chance to get it reconciled. Unfortunately the same thing happened with my dinner that same night! So I would definitely stop by the desk at AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter