Crescent Solarium at the BC

Jackie-ella093015

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if Crescent Solarium (Solarium Gardens) at the Beach Club is a reservable space for a reception? Stumbled upon photos of the space today when searching for a back-up in case we do not get The Attic....trying to figure out if it could be a viable option.

Thanks!

DFTW and DCE have to use actual event space (or some of the restaurants) — the resorts don't let them use public spaces like the Solarium, even though the resorts do sometimes hold their own public events in those spaces, like the Beach Club's high tea. Ariel's is a good alternative to the Attic, as is Sea Breeze Point. You don't see as many receptions there, but it's a great spot if the weather's nice. There are also a couple of (unshaded) lawns at BoardWalk Inn you can use, and the St. James Room in the BWI Convention Center isn't terrible, as ballrooms go, because it has a patio. Lots of pix here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/wdw-venue-photos/

DFTW and DCE have to use actual event space (or some of the restaurants) — the resorts don't let them use public spaces like the Solarium, even though the resorts do sometimes hold their own public events in those spaces, like the Beach Club's high tea. Ariel's is a good alternative to the Attic, as is Sea Breeze Point. You don't see as many receptions there, but it's a great spot if the weather's nice. There are also a couple of (unshaded) lawns at BoardWalk Inn you can use, and the St. James Room in the BWI Convention Center isn't terrible, as ballrooms go, because it has a patio. Lots of pix here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/wdw-venue/

Bummer about the solariums, but thank you for the great suggestions! We hadn't considered SBP for a reception!

@lurkyloo Unfortunately, we were told that the Attic is already booked by a convention and that we would be unable to utilize ADH or SBP for a reception due to the same convention....Ariel's is open so far...but it's not our favorite (I really dislike fish...weird, I know). We are going to explore the outdoor locations at the Y&BC; however, we are prepping to be told no, due to the convention.

We have begun looking into some Epcot venues (for proximity)/avoiding the BW...Fez House is gorgeous and it says in Passporters that it is available for breakfast receptions... do you have any more details regarding hours of the reception? We are trying to avoid after-hours locations...

For Fez House, you would be able to use it in the morning during the same hours as a ceremony location, so up until about 10am. If you wanted the event to last longer than that, you'd need to use an indoor space like Monsieur Paul or Living Seas Salon.

When is your wedding? Usually if you're more than a year out, there is a very good chance that whatever convention booked the spaces you want will release them before your date. They often put big blocks of venues on hold and then give them up as the time gets closer.

For Fez House, you would be able to use it in the morning during the same hours as a ceremony location, so up until about 10am. If you wanted the event to last longer than that, you'd need to use an indoor space like Monsieur Paul or Living Seas Salon.

When is your wedding? Usually if you're more than a year out, there is a very good chance that whatever convention booked the spaces you want will release them before your date. They often put big blocks of venues on hold and then give them up as the time gets closer.
Ah, we will have to look into those two. 11/13/18...we hadn't thought of that either. Is it common for couples to choose an event space and switch as the date gets closer if a convention space becomes available?

Ah, we will have to look into those two. 11/13/18...we hadn't thought of that either. Is it common for couples to choose an event space and switch as the date gets closer if a convention space becomes available?

AH! We are 11/13 too! Yay!! I can't even get an answer yet! that's amazing that people are actually answering you about spaces, I have a site visit next weekend. So hopefully people will start answering my emails (I mean they answer but they are very vague)

AH! We are 11/13 too! Yay!! I can't even get an answer yet! that's amazing that people are actually answering you about spaces, I have a site visit next weekend. So hopefully people will start answering my emails (I mean they answer but they are very vague)
Yay, so fun! I have read in Passporters and on the boards that responses are few and far between until about the 6 month mark. I tend to ask a lot in each email I exchange with the WC and she is great at answering all of my questions. The answers are brief, but help me move forward with our internal "planning"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!