cribs, pack n plays, cots....

blimpys

Earning My Ears
Hi all.
Has anyone been recently and had a crib from disney?
Im going with a 12 month old to the beach club soon and wanted to know if they are ok to use as in not tatty/dirty/dangerous etc.
Thanks

Hi all.
Has anyone been recently and had a crib from disney?
Im going with a 12 month old to the beach club soon and wanted to know if they are ok to use as in not tatty/dirty/dangerous etc.
Thanks
They don't have full on cribs just those portable pack and play ones. The bad though is they don't give you the internal mattresse so we had to put blankets to make it a bit "softer" we are going back in May and I will either bring my own mattress or I will rent a full cot.

they don't provide a mattress?!
No they just give that hard thin layer that generally sits at the bottom of the pack and play, they don't add the additional mattress that should go inside. I asked them about it, and they said that that thin layer is what they consider a mattress 😑😳

No they just give that hard thin layer that generally sits at the bottom of the pack and play, they don't add the additional mattress that should go inside. I asked them about it, and they said that that thin layer is what they consider a mattress 😑😳

We just got a new pack and play and the instructions specifically say to NOT put in an additional mattress, only use the one that came with the set. Those other mattresses are suffocation hazards because the sides of the pack and play are mesh and not designed to be used with a thick mattress.

We just got a new pack and play and the instructions specifically say to NOT put in an additional mattress, only use the one that came with the set. Those other mattresses are suffocation hazards because the sides of the pack and play are mesh and not designed to be used with a thick mattress.
Totally see your point and I agree, but my mattress came with the pack and play and its quite firm and has velcro underneath. So yes those that you add to it might not be right, but this one might be OK? Anyway the crib I have without that it's so hard that you feel the metal bars

we just got back from a 2 week stay and the pack and plays were clean but very small! Much smaller than the travel cot we have here in the UK. My daughter is 20 months (still wearing 12-18mo clothing) and she took up the entire length of the pack and play. We took our travel cot mattress with us but it was too big, so we had to pad it with a LOT of extra sheets and towels. The 'mattress' that came with it was the very very thin board that wraps around the cot when it is packed up (hope that makes sense)

Totally see your point and I agree, but my mattress came with the pack and play and its quite firm and has velcro underneath. So yes those that you add to it might not be right, but this one might be OK? Anyway the crib I have without that it's so hard that you feel the metal bars
If it came with the pack and play, I would hope that it was tested for safety before being put on the market and would expect it to already be safe. I was talking about the extra mattresses that people buy that look like crib mattresses but are unsafe for pack and plays. Cribs are different in that they have hard bars, not soft mesh, for the sides so it’s okay to use the thicker mattresses available for cribs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter