Criminal Minds: DIS Official Thread 2 (Spoilers)

I actually didn't realize, but I'm not surprised. Boo! I set my DVR to record when I saw the commercial, but I assume that's the only one.

They did this with Seal Team, taking it to streaming. Hope they lose their shirts on all of this. I'm massively over everyone wanting a monthly fee for everything.
Only episode one is airing on network.

The seal team move improved parts of the show. The language filter is gone, which made complete sense for that show. And the episodes aren’t bound to the tv 42 minutes cause of commercials. Same is going to happen for criminal minds. I’m excited.

Anybody watched it yet?

I watched the first episode on CBS. I assume it was edited to fit in commercials. I really want to watch it again on streaming.

We haven't gotten on the streaming bandwagon yet, but I'm ready to. I called Comcast this afternoon to get our package upgraded so we could access streaming. (We've had the same package since 2011.) Spent an HOUR on the phone only to find out that we need a new box to access streaming. 🤦‍♀️ We were told we need to visit an Xfinity store. We don't have one here. The closest one is in Indianapolis. Yeah... I am NOT going to Indianapolis on Black Friday! So this is going to have to wait until at least next weekend. 😮‍💨

I watched. Enjoyed it. Not subscribed and don’t really intend to but I might get a single month at some point and binge it (likely when the season is all done).

Anybody watched it yet?

I watched the first episode on CBS. I assume it was edited to fit in commercials. I really want to watch it again on streaming.

We haven't gotten on the streaming bandwagon yet, but I'm ready to. I called Comcast this afternoon to get our package upgraded so we could access streaming. (We've had the same package since 2011.) Spent an HOUR on the phone only to find out that we need a new box to access streaming. 🤦‍♀️ We were told we need to visit an Xfinity store. We don't have one here. The closest one is in Indianapolis. Yeah... I am NOT going to Indianapolis on Black Friday! So this is going to have to wait until at least next weekend. 😮‍💨
It was cut down by probably about 8 or so minutes. Episode 1 is 50 min and 2 is 53 minutes on paramount+.

I was going to recommend instead of updating your cable box, maybe buy a Roku or Amazon fire stick. They are on sale for at least half off for Black Friday.

I thought episodes 1 and 2 were really good. I’m very intrigued by the story line and can’t wait to see where the season goes.

It was cut down by probably about 8 or so minutes. Episode 1 is 50 min and 2 is 53 minutes on paramount+.

I was going to recommend instead of updating your cable box, maybe buy a Roku or Amazon fire stick. They are on sale for at least half off for Black Friday.

I thought episodes 1 and 2 were really good. I’m very intrigued by the story line and can’t wait to see where the season goes.
Actually it looks like if we update our cable package our monthly bill will go down.

Spent an HOUR on the phone only to find out that we need a new box to access streaming. 🤦‍♀️

I've never heard of calling your cable company to do steaming. People are cutting their cable cord instead of streaming. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 They use other devices instead of their cable company. Because won't you still have to pay for your regular cable AND the company you will be streaming? So, are you going to be paying Comcast to stream Paramount+ instead of paying them directly? :confused:

Actually it looks like if we update our cable package our monthly bill will go down.

Be careful that this new package doesn't come with a multi-years deal you are required to keep your cable for to get the lower rate, or pay some huge cancellation fee if you later do decide to cut your cable completely.

I agree with getting some other device to simply stream the services you want directly from those companies. I have a Chromecast device. And if I was going to get Paramount+ I'd just stream through that. I did that when I subscribed to Disney+ for only two months to watch Dancing with the Stars. And I got a $1.99 special for the first month.

Last edited:

I've never heard of calling your cable company to do steaming. People are cutting their cable cord instead of streaming. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 They use other devices instead of their cable company. Because won't you still have to pay for your regular cable AND the company you will be streaming? So, are you going to be paying Comcast to stream Paramount+ instead of paying them directly? :confused:

Be careful that this new package doesn't come with a multi-years deal you are required to keep your cable for to get the lower rate, or pay some huge cancellation fee if you later do decide to cut your cable completely.

I agree with getting some other device to simply stream the services you want directly from those companies. I have a Chromecast device. And if I was going to get Paramount+ I'd just stream through that. I did that when I subscribed to Disney+ for only two months to watch Dancing with the Stars. And I got a $1.99 special for the first month.
We access our streaming services through our cable platform. My guess is the PP doesn't have a smart TV.

But I agree the PP should be careful. She should be aware of how long the deal lasts. That is very much a typical cable TV tactic.

We don't want to get rid of cable. My mom is 76 and struggles with new technology. For the longest time she thought Netflix was a channel that you had to pay extra for like HBO. I'm still not sure she truly understands what streaming is.

A long term contract doesn't bother me either. We've had the same account since the 80s. The company has changed names over the decades, but it's the same account my dad opened in (I think) 1986.

And, no, we don't have a smart TV. Our newest TV was bought in 2011. All our others have tubes. 🤣

And we have streaming! :yay::yay::yay:

We didn't have to change anything about our package, just new boxes. Mom's already kinda dreading the change. The guide a menus are different which we're both going to have to relearn. Plus the numbers for the channels have changed. Thankfully our new remotes are the kind that you can talk into. That helps.

I signed up for Paramount + this evening. Just a heads up for those that don't have it, they're currently having a sale. You can get a one year subscription for just $25.

And we have streaming! :yay::yay::yay:

We didn't have to change anything about our package, just new boxes. Mom's already kinda dreading the change. The guide a menus are different which we're both going to have to relearn. Plus the numbers for the channels have changed. Thankfully our new remotes are the kind that you can talk into. That helps.

I signed up for Paramount + this evening. Just a heads up for those that don't have it, they're currently having a sale. You can get a one year subscription for just $25.
I believe this is the discount price for the ads included plan?

I believe this is the discount price for the ads included plan?

Yes, its the cheaper of to two options that's on sale. I'm still used to live TV so the ads don't bother me.

To get back on topic, I rewatched the first episode tonight. I didn't notice a lot that wasn't in the version that aired on CBS other than a few not safe for TV words. I was hoping for more details about what happened to Rossi's wife. I plan on watching the others in the next day or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter