Crowds down at WDW: what are the implications?

sillyminny

Love Disney World. Love Survivor and Idol shows as
It doesn't sound right that the numbers are low: is it because people aren't travelling?
Maybe for us who are travelling after Christmas the specials may continue. I can't get over the at par for some WDW resorts

I checked out this thread on the other board and I don't know whether to feel sad for WDW (which we love) or optimistic that the MOuse will still try to lure (as if they have to) more folk down there at a later date. This must hurt.

Cdn at par is a boost when we travel all that way.

What do you think?

I have mixed emotions. It's not just the Canadian at par deal they offer - if you check mousesavers.com, historically, Disney has offered up to 40% off rack rates at almost every period during the year (with just a few exceptions). Does that mean they are overcharging the average traveller who doesn't know to check these boards and watch for codes? It sort of reminds me of Sears - every week there's a flyer out with huge savings on all this stock. How can so much stuff be on sale all the time?! Why don't they just price the product fairly all year round? They'd save on all the advertising and administration costs of running specials, and everyone would pay the same price. (And think of the trees Sears could save if they stopped distributing those flyers!) We've been to Disney twice, and didn't know about the "deals" available. Now I wouldn't even consider staying on site for full rack rate. I love the "Disney Magic" as much as the next person, but at some point, my common sense has to kick in.
I would love to believe the original vision for Disney was a magical vacation that the average family could afford. It has now become so expensive to visit WDW that there are no longer any direct flights from Winnipeg - people just can't afford it and aren't going.
Then again, there's still always going to be people like me who will find a cheaper way to get there - by hook or by crook!!
;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter