Crowds During Rock The Universe Weekend

Mouser

THESE COLORS DO NOT RUN!!
We will be in Orlando the weekend of Rock The Universe, but we are not attending that or Night of Joy at WDW. Have read on other boards that Universal parks are very crowded on friday and saturday with attendees during the day, causing long lines..any info will help with this. Trying to decide what days to go to Universal with least crowds that week.

I can't help you out, but can you tell what dates these are? I'll be in Orlando in September and would like to avoid both of these if possible.

The dates are friday, Sept 7th and saturday Sept 8th...

It falls right at the beginning of our trip, so we will wait I believe till monday or so to go to the Universal parks as we want to have the low crowds there that sept is so famous for....

Hi, we were there last year during Rock the Universe Weekend. I think every teenager in the United States was there..The crowds didnt get bad until the afternoon, if you are going that weekend, i would suggest to go to the parks early....

Patty

I went during this time. The parks weren't very crowded at all during the day. Spider-Man had a 10 minute wait at the end of the day. Friday wasn't too bad. Saturday was a bit worse. I remember leaving the park at around 3 pm and I saw a long line of vans and buses that were trying to get in. They all had some church name on the side.

Barry, we were in USF last year during rock the universe, sept 9 th and sept 10, now that i have seen your picture, i think you shot me with a ball at that ball place behind curious george, could that have been you??? if it was you took me totally by surprise, i was on the bottom level, some shot a ball at me and hit me, when i looked up i saw a man laughing!!!

patty

:rolleyes: It was probably him, Patty!

I was also there last year that time. During the day it's great!

The crowds we're managable in the morning, but in the afternoon when those bus-loads of kids came in we thought, time to hit margaritaville for a few frostys...

our next trip is aug 20 to aug 23, does anyone know how the crowds will be then???

patty

Thanks so much as always for all the good advice, I think I will be avoiding the Universal parks completely on friday and saturday of that weekend, prefer the nice calm uncrowded days of September I hear so much about...:D :D :D

Originally posted by pathubia
Barry, we were in USF last year during rock the universe, sept 9 th and sept 10, now that i have seen your picture, i think you shot me with a ball at that ball place behind curious george, could that have been you??? if it was you took me totally by surprise, i was on the bottom level, some shot a ball at me and hit me, when i looked up i saw a man laughing!!!

patty

I don't know. I shoot balls at a lot of people.

Now you know all Asians look alike! :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter